bat bag $ value

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

SoftballMomof2

Softball Mom
Aug 16, 2010
amanda_cake -

We recently had a head lice scare on the team.... Some of the girls were sharing catchers gear and a couple of them sharing batting helmets during practice. So even though my DD is fine I was cleaning her bag out and spraying just in case. I would hate to have to deal with it later on, especially once school starts.

Typically she cleans out her own bag!

Dec 19, 2009
That is funny, I had this conversation last night with my DD after he batting lesson. She was looking at a new CF4 and said "wow, that's as much as an I phone". On the ride home I started reciting off what all was in her bag. She had no clue how much mom and dad had forked out in softball stuff. Hers was about 1200 bucks.

Mar 13, 2010
I had my kit bag stolen from my car. $1500 worth of equipment.

I'd have given it all up just to get my glove back. I cried for a week over losing that glove.

Oct 13, 2010
Oklahoma
We had a situation in middle school ball this year, where one of our girls got a glove swiped out of a gear bag stored in the coach's classroom. Made me start thinking of the value of DD's gear in her bag and what was in it. Mind you the bag that had things taken out of it was buried under several other bags. Who knows where it went.

contents of DD's bag:
rolling gear bag - $90
bat -$190
2 catcher's mitts @ $50 each - $100
her fielder's glove - $60
her DAD's glove - $50
catcher's gear - $180
custom paint job on catcher's mask -$30
custom painted batting helmet - $50
2 pairs batting gloves @ $20 - $40
cleats - $20
not to mention practice clothes, hair bands, water bottles, sunflower seeds, hoodie, wrist weights, numerous softballs

I was shocked to realize my DD was hauling approx $1000 worth of gear back and forth to school and leaving them all day unlocked in a classroom. She will have locks on her bag next year to deter some sticky fingered kids.

Jun 21, 2010
One kid on my DD's team has ~ $1000 in bats alone. Can't imagine what the full value of her bag is.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
So true. I know Caitlin carried an 04 RT and an EVO that was expensive at the time. She also carried a Kelley glove that she never used. I don't know why some girls carry all of their worldly possessions, plus an ipod and phone.

There is a specific park in Phoenix that was known for bags getting stolen at. One time, someone lost their whole truck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse