bat bag $ value

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 15, 2009
DD and I left a tournament site for lunch and while sitting down to eat I suddenly remembered that I hadn't locked my truck. DD says it was no big deal, don't worry about it. Then I carefully recite every item and the approximate dollar value and it really suprised me. I ran out like a wild man and locked the doors. So here is a list of equipment and a good guess at their values.
1 Stealth Speed bat--$300
1 older composite bat--$150
1 Nokona glove $120
1 older glove $80(price when new)
1 Game face-$40
1 team issue batting helmet $40
1 pair batting gloves $25
1 pair shades $20 (looses too many to have nice pair)
1 inhaler and meds $60 (asthma)
1 bat bag itself $80
1 pair Ringor cleats $100
other misc. items $20
I'm sure I forgot something but even this list is valued at a total of
$1035, sadly I figure that is about average for a travel ball bat bag and its contents.

Getting to spend two nights per week at practice and most weekends at tournaments with your 14 year old daughter PRICELESS!!!

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Yes, I had that same feeling one late night in Phoenix. I got dressed and went to the car for the bag.

Unfortunately, even locking your car isn't enough, anymore.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
Around here, a lot of folks don't even lock the doors. I don't have to worry about my bat bag stuff being sold. I've got over $1,000 worth of bats when purchased new in there...

Jul 30, 2010
Pennsylvania
However you forgot....3 or 4 pair of dirty socks, 10 hair bands, 5 water bottles, band aid wrappers, 2 packs of gum stuck together from the heat, 2 sticks of deoderant (1 half used, 1 empty), 4 gauze pads(some bloody some not) 1/2 pound of dirt...3 pair shoe string various colors. 8 mouth pieces in various stages of chewedness, 2 bottles of sun screen(both empty), extra t-shirt (dirty), eye black(empty), lucky penny(works sometimes) and my favorite......orange peels!

Jul 26, 2010
The orange peels are there to counteract the socks ;) Honestly PAcoach be happy she's using the deodorant. I keep putting sticks into my daughters bag in hopes that she'll someday remember to use it. 12 year old girls smell the worst compared to any other age/sex combination.

Last game I nearly through my back out putting my daughters bag in the trunk (she wheels it to the car on her own). I opened it up and there were no less then 15 full, warm, water bottles in there (the nice camelback type, not the disposable ones). I think there was a sandwich left over from last season in a plastic bag too. Really hard to tell what, exactly, it was at one time.

-W

SoftballMomof2

Softball Mom
Aug 16, 2010
I cleaned both my DD's bags out last night! That garbage that was in there!

4 Empty water bottles
2 Full Water bottles
2 wrappers from fruit by the fuit
Empty bag of seeds
Misc Candy wrappers
tons of dirt
Sunblock
Hair ties and Hair bands

She can make a mess of her bag pretty quick!

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
DD cleans her bag out before each tournament but that's because she doesn't like carrying more than she has too.

2 bats w/ sleeves, full catchers gear, fielders glove, batting helmet, batting gloves, cleats, mouthguard. Not 1k but definitely in the 750 range. I buy on sale but would hate to have to replace that stuff.

DD is a 98', on her 4th and 5th bat, second set of catchers protective gear, second fielders glove and needs a new catchers mitt. LOL, I sort of hide some of those items. Like the light weight second bat and all of the training gizmos I feel I have to buy.

Dec 15, 2009
just went through my bag.......
a sandwich bag filled with hair ties and clips
batting helmet
full set of catchers gear
fielder's glove
catching mitt
batting gloves
bat
padded catchers glove to go under the mitt
cleats
visor