barrel/hand pivot point, a.k.a TTB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
This comparison that I created years ago ?

XRu9Pmv.gif
Yessir. I am just not good enough to see the differences. to me there aren't any. But again, just a schmuck trying to understand.

May 12, 2016
I am not disagreeing. I was just out with DD working on literally 'swinging down' to. However i couldn't tell her that without contorting my body to show what the tilt needed to be so that the term 'swinging down' was realistic. Does that mean they are not body aware? no idea, i just know that in trying to teach my DD, it would be nearly impossible without the discussion of tilt. That is all i am saying. i agree with you that we should listen to the best, Jenni Finch however, i really dont think she knows. The pitching movement is so quick that without seeing it in slow motion, she just never did now what her body was doing.

Are these guys old enough that high speed video was not around, probably, so they may be saying what they think they do.

I guess, in the end, i dont like the way they explain it. I am not ignoring them, but why wouldn't they say, 'hey, i am flat footed and would never do this in a game......' , but they don't so i just can't reconcile in my head why they would put it on video and not clarify.
It’s all good, but in regard to age, it’s not just old guys, Trout, Yelich, Cruz etc all demo the samething

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I am not disagreeing. I was just out with DD working on literally 'swinging down' to. However i couldn't tell her that without contorting my body to show what the tilt needed to be so that the term 'swinging down' was realistic. Does that mean they are not body aware? no idea, i just know that in trying to teach my DD, it would be nearly impossible without the discussion of tilt. That is all i am saying. i agree with you that we should listen to the best, Jenni Finch however, i really dont think she knows. The pitching movement is so quick that without seeing it in slow motion, she just never did now what her body was doing.

Are these guys old enough that high speed video was not around, probably, so they may be saying what they think they do.

I guess, in the end, i dont like the way they explain it. I am not ignoring them, but why wouldn't they say, 'hey, i am flat footed and would never do this in a game......' , but they don't so i just can't reconcile in my head why they would put it on video and not clarify.

I wouldn't instruct my daughter or any kid the movement until as a coach I could duplicate the leveraged fyb hitting position.. The pitch needs to dictate the amount of tilt reactively vs attempting to contort the body into a certain position.

XHSjeFP.gif

Here is a dad that attempted (I guess) to duplicate the movement from a leveraged position.. what do you think would have happened had he allowed the obliques to contract (not contorting) vs standing up and chopping down using the arms?

xZVGm7d.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1