barrel/hand pivot point, a.k.a TTB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
What would be the major difference between the barrel action in an AJ check and the check's by Howard and Yelich since I assume you think their patterns differ? Or do Howard/Yelich more align with TM's pattern in your opinion?

What check of Howard are you referring to ?

Jun 8, 2016
There’s some torque indirectly due to sequence P. Not active handle torque. But from keeping the barrel ‘up’.
To me the only way you could get the barrel to move like due to sequence alone is if your wrists were extremely loose.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Here you go patter.

7vUfjc6.gif

RRPgRFn.gif

KUsgzN6.gif

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Here you go patter.

7vUfjc6.gif

RRPgRFn.gif
Not sure I follow. So you are saying AJ's check would look like TM's demo there? Seriously, not picking up what you are putting down with this response and how it answers my question(s). How about the barrel action in the two clips (forget about TM for a second will ya :LOL: ) No (active) handle torque necessary to give that barrel action? Zero? Nada? Zilch?

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
the combo of the top hand not supinating (barrel up) and the bottom hand pulling just a bit with the core... torque. Look at Howard’s top hand remain basically motionless while his arm body do all the leveraging beforehand and then blur blah blah etc. sequence.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Not sure I follow. So you are saying AJ's check would look like TM's demo there? Seriously, not picking up what you are putting down with this response and how it answers my question(s). How about the barrel action in the two clips (forget about TM for a second will ya :LOL: ) No (active) handle torque necessary to give that barrel action? Zero? Nada? Zilch?

What check swing of AJ are you referring to ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi