article about Candrea's camp last weekend

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 16, 2009
DD attended the Holiday Camp. We had fantastic weather, met players/families from literally all over the country and had a great time. That being said, the first day DD said the camp would be really great if it were half the kids and that was exactly my thought. There were probably more younger kids than older but even so - a lot of kids. Knowing what I know now, we paid a large chunk of change to fly out there from the Midwest - it would have been way better for her to have attended the Elite Camp in the summer, where you're paying the airfare but she is staying for 4 days, playing all day/all night long and they limit it to a small amount of serious players.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Thanks for that info. How old is your DD? So, the holiday camp is good for the 8-10 YOs or even some 11 and 12s, you think? I suggest to my students that they should go, but I wonder if they should go to the elite camp if they are average to above players?

Feb 16, 2009
DD is 16. The Holiday camp is for 4th grade - 12th grade. The Elite Camp is only for serious High School players. The Elite Camp runs straight through till 10pm at night, you stay in the residence halls (no Mom&Dad), etc. - a college atmosphere. I attended a tennis camp such as this when I was in HS and still remember it! This Holiday Camp was more relaxed, of course, because of all the different ages and stopped around 4pm for the day. For local/regional people I think attending the Holiday Camp is a no-brainer- no downside. But for people coming from across the country, well as I said for us, I wish I would have thought about it more as it would have been economically/skills-wise more to her advantage to go to the Elite Camp. Just thought I'd share!

Dec 23, 2009
San Diego
13YO DD attended the Holiday Camp. Well worth the 6 hour drive from San Diego just for the tips and hands-on instruction from the UofA pitching coaches.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish