Conversations this weekend

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Was having a conversation with OsDad yesterday, telling him about Anna's coach on her 14U National team, she's the only person I think I've ever said I hated! I wanted to choke her......just until she turned a little blue, she was a drunk, look at me, miserable human being!!
Let's hope Marcela never has one of those..I enjoy my freedom as a non-incarcerated human being.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
The best softball coach I know currently coaches a local 12U-B team that is about .500 at the moment.

The worst coach I know (and sadly there is a much larger pool to pull from) is currently a D1 college coach.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
I've had one run-in with her current coach. Something happened with Marcela at SS and the other team scored a run or something. When it happened he yelled at her..which is fine whatever. However when she was walking off the field he told her that run was on her and she started to cry. At that point I made my way to the dugout from the OF at a faster than normal pace and he saw me coming as he was eyeballing me the whole way..I told him to not do that ever again..he hasn't.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I've had one run-in with her current coach. Something happened with Marcela at SS and the other team scored a run or something. When it happened he yelled at her..which is fine whatever. However when she was walking off the field he told her that run was on her and she started to cry. At that point I made my way to the dugout from the OF at a faster than normal pace and he saw me coming as he was eyeballing me the whole way..I told him to not do that ever again..he hasn't.
Did you toss a water bottle at him too?

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Was having a conversation with OsDad yesterday, telling him about Anna's coach on her 14U National team, she's the only person I think I've ever said I hated! I wanted to choke her......just until she turned a little blue, she was a drunk, look at me, miserable human being!! We were playing in Florida and a Dad came real close to stomping the life out of her, it was ugly, too ugly! I instantly became that Dad's biggest fan!

"Look at me coaches" ruin everything about the game for players & parents!
Haha that was a descriptive story
"Tell us what you really think" :)

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
The best softball coach I know currently coaches a local 12U-B team that is about .500 at the moment.

The worst coach I know (and sadly there is a mich larger pool to pull from) is currently a D1 college coach.
Brutal Reality

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
At the end of the day those coaches are enabled by parents.
I was reading thru the post and you beat me to the punch. Parent please do not allow your kids to be subject to this crap. Don't put the blinders on or think it will get better. You heard the rumors and you went to the tryout. He or she aint changing These coaches are a detriment to your child's life. Really! Do you want your DD to come accustomed to be yelled at and berated. Do you want her to tolerate this later in life. Demand better. When he offers your DD a spot on the team, say thanks, but no thanks and send him or her a parting gift... A Tony Dungy book.
Tony Dungy was the first black coach to win a superbowl. He coach in the NFL for 10 years and NEVER raised his voice once to berate a player. He developed relationships with his players. He said, “I need to treat everybody fairly, but fair doesn't always mean equal.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles