Conversations this weekend

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 26, 2019
This isn't a shot at everyone who coaches, but there are a lot of crapola people who coach.

THEY want to win trophies and medals off the backs of 9-18 year old girls/women. Why? It makes them feel worthwhile or makes up for something they are missing.

My daughter only plays 10U. But I have seen some stuff. Coach kept telling her she was doing something wrong and she she needed fix it. She was frustrated because she didn't understand. I told her, ask the coach to demonstrate to you what the coach wants you to do. She did. Annnnndddd, the coach could not demonstrate. They just "knew" she was doing it incorrectly.

Jun 11, 2013
Agreed on parent enabling. We played in a tournament and the coach would yell at a a player for 2-3 innings for a mistake. You could just see the kid on the verge of losing it. The parents didn't seem to mind. They won a trophy playing in a B tournament when they were a decent A team but they were just so happy. I know it was in an area without a lot of teams but I don't know how you could let your kids play for that guy. Winning was always nice but the joy of seeing a kid do something great for them was always my favorite time. Tide, you will find a good coach, you have plenty of time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles