AROD fights back

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
Personally I like batters to start with the hands right at the arm pit. There is no down to from that position. It is adjust posture to pitch height, TTB, and Crush it.
There are HL hitters, which people on this site consider TTB type hitters who drop their hands below their arm pit to hit pitches at various levels;

The notion of just 'TTB' from arm pit position can also lead to a bad mess. I believe it affects the fluidity,control of the swing and is a deterrent to being unable to use your hands to their full ability to get to any/deliver the barrel to any pitch location. I like hands to incoming pitch with the notion of keeping the hands above the ball. I believe this will direct/TTB into the incoming pitch. Even novice hitters know we don't want to hit a ball with their actual hands, :). No forced TTB necessary.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
There are HL hitters, which people on this site consider TTB type hitters who drop their hands below their arm pit to hit pitches at various levels;

The notion of just 'TTB' from arm pit position can also lead to a bad mess. I believe it affects the fluidity,control of the swing and is a deterrent to being unable to use your hands to their full ability to get to any/deliver the barrel to any pitch location. I like hands to incoming pitch with the notion of keeping the hands above the ball. I believe this will direct/TTB into the incoming pitch. Even novice hitters know we don't want to hit a ball with their actual hands, :). No forced TTB necessary.

It really is just a matter of the swing needs to be down to in relation to where the perceived location of the BALL is.

The objective is to create an ‘ON TOP’ (not dropping hands) straightest line(no loop or dump) possible to the contact point. Funny how those are related ;)

If the core(oblique has a relation with the back shoulder)the hands will be pulled and pushing isn’t a problem.

Funny how he says up through. But he’s down to. Feel vs real? What matters most is the core is engaged and pulling on time, to let the hands whip the barrel.

If proper separation is achieved within a balanced movement pattern, ‘unloading’ the barrel at go is not necessary.

Jun 8, 2016
Impossible to go down when the pitch is already at hands level .. that's why I like "hands to the incoming pitch"... most of the time that's down.
That post had nothing to do with anything..I just like takes and really like this take 😀

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
It really is just a matter of the swing needs to be down to in relation to where the perceived location of the BALL is.

The objective is to create an ‘ON TOP’ (not dropping hands) straightest line(no loop or dump) possible to the contact point. Funny how those are related ;)

If the core(oblique has a relation with the back shoulder)the hands will be pulled and pushing isn’t a problem.

Funny how he says up through. But he’s down to. Feel vs real? What matters most is the core is engaged and pulling on time, to let the hands whip the barrel.

If proper separation is achieved within a balanced movement pattern, ‘unloading’ the barrel at go is not necessary.

Cifw9Jj.gif

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Don't confuse this movement
Cifw9Jj.gif

With this
6i5BSMm.gif

TD,
Curious about your thoughts on the above gif. What is 'wrong'. Just want to see if on the same page as far as what you see. I'm guessing you're showing barrel 'dump'.
I have always said 'turn the barrel forward towards the ball'.
OyFgaOG.gif

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Cifw9Jj.gif

6i5BSMm.gif

TD,
Curious about your thoughts on the above gif. What is 'wrong'. Just want to see if on the same page as far as what you see. I'm guessing you're showing barrel 'dump'.
I have always said 'turn the barrel forward towards the ball'.

rdbass, one is contracting the obliques which is the cause of lateral tilt, while the other is lateral tilting which can cause a barrel dump.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole