AROD fights back

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
OyFgaOG.gif

This GIF seems to imply that the front leg/hip initiates this. (I apologize if I'm missing something here, since I'm coming in at the tail end of this thread).

The GIF is missing the impact of the stride (for most players, not always for Donaldson and Bonds #750) - the rear leg straightening, which rotates the back knee, which 'pushes' the back hip downward/around, which helps propel the rear elbow, thus the bat head.

20190517-ortiz-knee-turn.gif

May 12, 2016
Well I know why my DD is not hitting the ball as far as she's capable of. I had her hit a couple of the tee to me today in the outfield... the ball had so much side/back spin, even when pulling the ball. She's definitely just clipping, getting a piece of the ball. They are not mishits, she was hitting like this consistently.. she must be cutting across the ball instead of getting through

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Well I know why my DD is not hitting the ball as far as she's capable of. I had her hit a couple of the tee to me today in the outfield... the ball had so much side/back spin, even when pulling the ball. She's definitely just clipping, getting a piece of the ball. They are not mishits, she was hitting like this consistently.. she must be cutting across the ball instead of getting through

It could be a rhythm/tempo thing. Most likely pushing her hands forward to soon. Tee work should be deliberate. Learning new movements should be done at 50%.

Slow the feet down, will slow the tempo down. Ask for 50%

May 12, 2016
How much further should a kid be able to a ball front toss vs tee? I guess what I am saying is, if the kid has the same mechanics, same contact, same bat speed on the tee vs front toss, how much further should the ball travel, front toss would be normal speed, nothing blazing.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Guessing.....possibly swinging 'around' the body and not 'out from'. My DD did this. What helped was practicing hitting opposite off a tee first. Also kept saying hit the ball where it's pitched can't/don't try to pull every ball.
giphy.gif

May 12, 2016
Guessing.....possibly swinging 'around' the body and not 'out from'. My DD did this. What helped was practicing hitting opposite off a tee first. Also kept saying hit the ball where it's pitched can't/don't try to pull every ball.
giphy.gif
Sorry everybody, I meant to post my DD's swing thread. Thanks RDB, question for you though. My DD use to have a much bigger prob of that previously. Swing around the body, she use to top and hook a lot.. now I am seeing a much different spin on the ball, makes sense though if the bat is in the zone briefly, glancing blows off the ball. I think focusing on Oppo makes sense though

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Not to derail the thread but, but,.........really......
TTB from the get go......................................
It’s ok. These last few posts are in the wrong thread as it is.

I have found that pushing to be before the scap retracts and the obliques can pull. The energy never gets to the hands. That’s IF the pattern is correct in the first place.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Sorry everybody, I meant to post my DD's swing thread. Thanks RDB, question for you though. My DD use to have a much bigger prob of that previously. Swing around the body, she use to top and hook a lot.. now I am seeing a much different spin on the ball, makes sense though if the bat is in the zone briefly, glancing blows off the ball. I think focusing on Oppo makes sense though
When the ball hits the ground after the ball is hit does it spin on the ground. Does it hit the ground and seem to take a spin back wards. Does it hit the ground and seem to go right or left instead of forward. All signs that the hitter is 'possible' hitting around the ball.

May 12, 2016
When the ball hits the ground after the ball is hit does it spin on the ground. Does it hit the ground and seem to take a spin back wards. Does it hit the ground and seem to go right or left instead of forward. All signs that the hitter is 'possible' hitting around the ball.
Then she's hitting around the ball.. thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi