AROD fights back

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 16, 2017
I wouldn’t take it that way. Rotation happens. We see it. He knows he rotates. He tries to delay it is what he’s saying. It’s just resistance. Real and real. Right?

It is a perfect example of feel vs real. He even says it himself. "of course it is not going to happen, but that is how my brain has to think"

Nov 16, 2017
Just so we are all clear:

Real - Observable body movements

Feel - A sense of moving your body a certain way that may not = what you actually do to achieve a desired result.

The problem occurs when players who get so good at what they do, their sense of feel (because it gives them the desired results), starts becoming REAL, BUT ONLY TO THEM.

A good instructor is an instructor who understands the difference between real and feel. They can explain to a student what actually has to occur and they can use Feel instruction to help a student do what they have been taught what the Real movement should be.

Alex has a clear concept of both real and feel. He knows what he really does but he also knows for HIM to do a certain thing he needs to do a FEEL "trick" to get the desired results.

You should educate your players on Real and Feel. They should understand what they are supposed to do and they should also use any Feel "trick" THEY need to do, to get the job done. Those feel "tricks" could be different for every player. A good instructor will know what feel tricks work, and when and how to implement them.

Jun 8, 2016
Actually that's about the most unclear thing anybody has ever said on here.. :)
Some of my teaching evaluation scores/comments, coupled with this comment, must mean you have skipped my posts about physics...😉

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Alex has a clear concept of both real and feel. He knows what he really does but he also knows for HIM to do a certain thing he needs to do a FEEL "trick" to get the desired results.
Something AROD missed.
I mainly posted because of what he thinks he 'feels' the hands/arms do in the swing but, he knows that isn't 'real'..........
It's a FEELING he wants that he knows isn't REAL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HCockell