AROD fights back

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
Hand initially down to the ball, let me rephrase that.. hands initially to the ball/incoming pitch, which is normally a downward pattern.. I see it in almost every great hitters swing.. and yes the barrel gets turned at some point in the swing as well. When most of the pros demo they are imagining a ball on the tee below the belt. JD is one of the few that demoed how to hit a high pitch.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Hand initially down to the ball, let me rephrase that.. hands initially to the ball/incoming pitch, which is normally a downward pattern
Might wont to rethink that......
Barrel down too the ball not the hands.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
No thanks.. I see what I see, not what I choose to believe
Yep, it shows.....;)

tdA8brm.gif

May 12, 2016
Hands initially down to ball.. barrel reacting appropriately by turning around an oily pivot point

Yes, the hands don't obviously hit the ball(That's why I said initially) and they stay above.. barrel swivels around the hands(pivot point into the ball)... no awkward movement of forcing to TTB from start necessary.

Yes it does show.. ;)

Nov 16, 2017
Hands initially down to ball.. barrel reacting appropriately by turning around an oily pivot point

View attachment 14186

Yes, the hands don't obviously hit the ball(That's why I said initially) and they stay above.. barrel swivels around the hands(pivot point into the ball)... no awkward movement of forcing to TTB from start necessary.

Yes it does show.. ;)

Putting the words hands down to the ball could lead to some bad mess. I would say hands down to the arm pit, but that of course is dependent on where the hands start from.

If this guys hands go down to the ball we got problems.

Nov 16, 2017
Personally I like batters to start with the hands right at the arm pit. There is no down to from that position. It is adjust posture to pitch height, TTB, and Crush it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole