Anyone use Uber while traveling for softball?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
I am researching costs of rental cars for Colorado, and I am absolutely outraged at the inflated costs for renting a car at the airport versus taking a taxi (or Uber) to another rental 12 miles from airport. For 6 days, I was quoted between $600-800 to pick up rental from airport. So for a $30 cab fare (or Uber) to a car rental 12 miles (on way to hotel), and renting car from this car rental for 6 days - $180. Seriously.

ANYWAY - I was pondering the idea of using Uber to travel from airport to car rental, and I wondered if anyone else has done this? :) Kind of shy about doing this because of softball equipment...I can just imagine their eyes bugging out of their heads when they see bat bags, bats, etc. :)

May 22, 2015
Illinois
I have never used Uber so really have no idea. When I flew to Tampa for work in February the office reserved me a car at an off-site location away from the airport. It was about 8 or 9 miles from the airport in downtown Tampa. They had a shuttle that just drove back and forth between the airport and rental place all day long at no charge. I don't fly all that often but would think most places would have something similar.

Oct 13, 2014
Metro ATL
I use Uber for work (so not the same at all) but I do know you can call for an Uber XL (which I think means a van) and that might make more sense. One note - I was in Orlando recently and in Orlando the only cars that services the airport are the UberX (i think that is right) - so the high end cars, which make the ride more expensive. Check the airport to see if all Uber cars service the airport.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I am driving to CO. I can pick you up! Although, it can't be Saturday since I am going up early to see Widespread Panic as Red Rocks that day!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog