Sparkler review $$$

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 1, 2023
Maybe it’s just an assumption based on that last year all 3 teams they sent were in the power pool in each age bracket.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Maybe it’s just an assumption based on that last year all 3 teams they sent were in the power pool in each age bracket.
A good friend of mine has a daughter on the 18U LD team. They had a great run after starting in the Supplemental Power Pool. Because they did so well, they got bumped to the National Power Pool for bracket play.

Speaking of your wallet. The 2024 TCS Sparkler is $2,700 per team. Yikes!!!

May 13, 2023
Speaking of your wallet. The 2024 TCS Sparkler is $2,700 per team. Yikes!!!
That's barely less than one month's rent of a
1 bedroom, 450 square foot apartment along the coast of So.Calif.
( common pricing)

Does that make Colorado tournament seem more affordable or less?!

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Yikes! When I had my own TB team back in the day, that price would have allowed for 6-7 USSSA tournaments! Totally different animal, I get it - but wow!
Our USSSA events were around $600 each. And that's not all that long ago. We only charged $990 per girl, and that price included uniforms, eight tournaments, and winter workouts. Bags and helmets were extra.

May 27, 2013
Our USSSA events were around $600 each. And that's not all that long ago. We only charged $990 per girl, and that price included uniforms, eight tournaments, and winter workouts. Bags and helmets were extra.
Yeah, our Utrips were $350-400 about 8 years ago. I can’t recall the dues I charged off the top of my head but definitely was less than $1000 for the year. I think we played in 2 tournaments in the fall and I want to say about 10 in the spring/summer with a “National“ tournament as well. We also did an ASA fall league with RR games and a tournament at the end. 2 unis, helmet, Boombah bag, and indoor facility over winter included in the fees. Oh, and coaches, including myself, were not paid, nor did we use team dues for our travel expenses. We also paid for our own kids to play.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Yeah, our Utrips were $350-400 about 8 years ago. I can’t recall the dues I charged off the top of my head but definitely was less than $1000 for the year. I think we played in 2 tournaments in the fall and I want to say about 10 in the spring/summer with a “National“ tournament as well. We also did an ASA fall league with RR games and a tournament at the end. 2 unis, helmet, Boombah bag, and indoor facility over winter included in the fees. Oh, and coaches, including myself, were not paid, nor did we use team dues for our travel expenses. We also paid for our own kids to play.
Same here. I had two girls on my 12U team, and I paid full price. That was back in 2017. We did fundraising to get extra money for two more events, paid college trainers, and bags and helmets. We only raised $2,400 for the team, and we got everything we wanted.

I just found one of my old invoices. One-day events were $350, and two-day events were $475-$525.

May 27, 2013
I just found one of my old invoices. One-day events were $350, and two-day events were $475-$525.

Just found my old binder - yes, these costs you listed were more like it, with ”states” being on the higher end. I forgot that we started out doing 2 “C” tournaments because we were 1st year 14U and barely any of the girls had TB experience. The lower cost was because the C tourneys were only 2 games pool play. When we moved up to B the tourney cost went up, as well. A few of the local, unsanctioned events that we did were closer to the $350 I had mentioned. I’d say on average about $425-450 was the norm for us.

Jul 19, 2021
Same experience here. D1’s within 250 miles watched DD far more in Colorado and other national tournaments than local or regional. ISU never saw her play in MN or Iowa, but the watched her in Colorado, California and Nevada.

I think the disconnect is with D1 recruiting. For players aspiring to play at that level colleges attending is absolutely the main draw. If girls want to play at other levels or don’t take recruiting seriously CO is just a vacation.
The disconnect seems to be the myopic view that some here are taking. The number of D1 quality players from non-traditional softball areas who go there for recruiting exposure is an outlier. With over 1000 teams and 12-15 players on each team, there are about 13,000 players there. There are only 285 D1 programs and not even half go to Colorado and the avg recruiting class size is around 4-5. Do the math. Step back and look at the big picture. Recruiting is not the main draw of that tournament.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414