playing for money?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2008
Not sure why, but the first thing I thought of is how differently the parents would act in the stands if they knew the team was playing for a cash prize. It may be entertaining ;)

Or the bigger question, where does the money go? In my world, the team sponsor/owner kept it since he footed the bills in the first place. In the girls game, 99% of these families are paying their own expenses for travel and lodging at tournaments ON TOP OF some outrageous fees to play for various clubs.

But yes, the addition of money would make parental conversations and actions very interesting and entertaining!

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Or the bigger question, where does the money go? In my world, the team sponsor/owner kept it since he footed the bills in the first place. In the girls game, 99% of these families are paying their own expenses for travel and lodging at tournaments ON TOP OF some outrageous fees to play for various clubs.

But yes, the addition of money would make parental conversations and actions very interesting and entertaining!
Which brings up a good point
How tb teams are ran~
Where some coaches have transperancy with the monthly budget....
And some dont...turns into mystery money.

Encourage knowing how paid moneys are applied.
Encourage Coaches communicating expense of running the team.

Aug 21, 2008
I'm not saying someone who runs an organization (sometimes as many as 25 teams in all age ranges) doesn't deserve something for his/her time!! They absolutely do. Running an organization, coaching a team, organizing a weekend trip are all thankless jobs. I don't begrudge anyone who earns a few bucks for their time, effort, missing family, etc. But, RAD is right, in other cases you have to wonder where the money is going.

Feb 15, 2017
Having having been through a coach who used team funds for his personal piggy bank, I am with you on full financial disclosure. I know of some local teams where the head coach is paid and travel is covered. As long as you know up front what's included as part of the deal, I don't begrudge what anyone charges if the parents are willing to pay.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802