A message to coaches from a pitching instructor.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 17, 2023
Have seen that. bb see a lot of kids standing straight up at that young age swinging. Giant almost lunging strides and Swinging for the Moon.
The influencer could be baseball players at a young age that want to emulate their favorite player in the MLB.

Probably there are a lot less young girls following favorite fastpitch players.🤷‍♀️
Figuring it out without a role model.

That's a very good point

Jun 8, 2016
It's funny because the average height/weight of a 10 year old is almost exactly the same regardless of gender.
Yeah I am not saying 10 YO boys are better hitters than 10 YO girls in general..just that the individualism in their styles is noticeable compared to girls...at least to me. How many 10YO girls leg kick (again not saying that is good or bad..)? I see it all the time watching my 8 YO son play..Like Rad mentioned part of that is they may try and emulate MLB players and coaches/instructors just let them do it or they just don't listen..

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2023
Yeah I am not saying 10 YO boys are better hitters than 10 YO girls in general..just that the individualism in their styles is noticeable compared to girls...at least to me. How many 10YO girls leg kick (again not saying that is good or bad..)? I see it all the time watching my 8 YO son play..Like Rad mentioned part of that is they may try and emulate MLB players and coaches/instructors just let them do it or they just don't listen..

yeah was just saying it's not like the boys are looking bigger and stronger so they're gonna get different swings at that age.

I suspect, like much of everything else, it's just a result of stereotypes. More 2 year old boys get handed bats than 2 year old girls, so when it comes time to swing, they've got more practice and therefore get less swing-coaching beyond the basics. The more athletic/practiced kids don't always get as much teaching, so it's gonna be a little less conformity.

May 17, 2023

No doubt girls swings, particularly at the higher levels, look so much more similar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LisagS24