A message to coaches from a pitching instructor.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Had a girl once show up to the first practice after the Winter break with a completely new stance and swing. We'll call it the anti-launch angle swing :ROFLMAO: . I recognized it immediately as what one local instructor teaches.
The instructor has every one of his students use the same setup? :oops:

May 13, 2023
But best part was when I asked her if she had started taking lesson given the change: "nope"🤷‍♂️. Few weeks later her Dad finally told me she had been taking lessons.
Haahaaa "nope"....
Kid just woke up and the swing was different...😁

Even if the change of Swing wasn't from lessons saying nope ain't dope.
At least say I wanted to see if I can make a difference. So I changed it up.

May 21, 2018
I think we still get visited by the Swing Fairy. :( Does garlic act as a repellant, or is that just for bloodsuckers?

May 17, 2023
The instructor has every one of his students use the same setup? :oops:

Yep and generally can spot it even before a pitch it thrown by the stance. Has had several kids using it go on to college and even couple D1, thus why he gets students.

Jun 8, 2016
Yep and generally can spot it even before a pitch it thrown by the stance. Has had several kids using it go on to college and even couple D1, thus why he gets students.
Right by setup I meant stance. Hey if he is successful more power to him but if you look at 10 MLB hitters all 10 of them will have different setups...

Jun 8, 2016
I think we still get visited by the Swing Fairy. :( Does garlic act as a repellant, or is that just for bloodsuckers?
I think the Fairy has a heart and eventually just takes pity on the poor fathers and leaves the kids alone..maybe you pissed her off in a previous life?

May 17, 2023
Haahaaa "nope"....
Kid just woke up and the swing was different...😁

Even if the change of Swing wasn't from lessons saying nope ain't dope.
At least say I wanted to see if I can make a difference. So I changed it up.

Yeah and of course knew the answer but thought would let it play out.

Right by setup I meant stance. Hey if he is successful more power to him but if you look at 10 MLB hitters all 10 of them will have different setups...

Exactly and every player's body moves in different ways, so idea everyone's stance and swing should be the same 🤯

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG