A complaint to the owner of this site

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2019
I'm not sure where to post this but, hopefully it find's it's way to whomever is in charge. In the spirit of taking a break from complaining about illegal pitches, Jordy Bahl, dropballs that don't move, etc. Here's my issue for today:

Truly a "first world problem" and if this is the worst that happens to me all day, I'm living a charmed life but... I am soooooooo sick of the advertisements of this website going over the notifications!!! When I log into this site, I routinely have 10 or more "notifications". Then the pop up ad covers them and I can't get to them!!! UGGGGH. Why does the ad have to go there? What happened to the old days of "banner ads" at the top of the page??? Yes, there's a place to click to make it go away but then it comes right back up like a turd that won't flush. @sluggers DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!!! lol
Adblockers will change your life for the better. You'll soon forget you ever had the problem.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
Bill if you use a PC, do yourself a favor and install the link below. It will solve your problem here and make your experience better at many other websites as well.

Just installed. Sooooo much better. This site has been getting worse and worse with the ads. To the point where I do not visit this site as much due to the amount of ads.

Oct 10, 2018
Not a "claim" the truth of the matter. How else would the site generate the funds needed to run it? Perhaps Ken can create a paid, no-ads, membership for those who want to use this site but don't want to see any ads. @Ken Krause ? As for placement, if you scroll up to the top the ads won't block your notifications (at least that works for me).

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
I am not the owner either. Like Sluggers I am an unpaid volunteer. Sorry you're not enjoying the user experience. Hopefully the actual owner will see this thread and address the issue.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
saw one of those messages today. no ad, no revenue for the site.
guess in that way every time have to deal with the ad popping up, in some small way I'm contributing Revenue to this site lol

However there are times the ad is excessively Spazzy and definitely takes away from the ability to use the website it is non effective marketing because it is a deterrent to using the website.

GO DFP 🥳

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
We've not loaded any ad blockers (I'm not in any way condemning anyone who has) on any of our devices. Early on in our business we contributed to a dozen forums. DFP is one of the last one's we still are a part of. It is an exceptional wealth of knowledge and we will continue to try to support it in any way we can. With that said, if this thread is about making things better, I would share that sometimes the ads are so aggressive that we make the decision to close the page and move on for the day. The other frustrating thing is that when you accidently click on an ad (because they aggressively take over the screen), it sort of releases the "ad Kraken" on other pages with those and similar ads. That's very close to stepping over the very fuzzy virus line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802