Hello elbow, the flap and a waste of time. What is the ethical thing to do?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

left turn

It's fun being a dad!
Sep 20, 2011
NJ
Left Turn, I think you're confused about open and closed mechanics. Close = facing the catcher. Open = facing third base (RHP).

-W

Starsnuffer, I could have had a brain cramp and said it backwards. But I agree that close is facing the catcher and open is facing third base. Which statement lacks clarity so I can clean it up? Thanks.

Apr 30, 2011
Portland, Or
I had a similar experience. My DD was working with her HI and there was a pitching lesson going on in the next cage. The instructor was not only teaching bowling she was advocating leaning forward and pulling up hard at the end of the pitch. This girl started the session with a decent IR motion and progressively got slower as she made the corrections the "coach" asked from her. It was extremely difficult to watch and not say something.

I knew the bucket dad and sent him an email saying it was nice to see him working with his DD and knew the work it takes to succeed, and included some links to IR threads and others on various sites. He thanked me.

I came across the same dad and dd at practice a couple weeks ago. Still working with the same instructor, DD still struggling and looking no better. My conscience is clear. I lead the parent to the proper information and discussions that showed what was being taught his DD was wrong and why. He chose to ignore it. His DD will be done pitching before she hits 16u at the rate she is going and she could have been much better.

Jul 26, 2010
Starsnuffer, I could have had a brain cramp and said it backwards. But I agree that close is facing the catcher and open is facing third base. Which statement lacks clarity so I can clean it up? Thanks.

Hey Left Turn, it was this statement in your original post that I'm referring to. If I'm confused by what you mean here please let me know:

"Completely open style – The pitcher launched themselves towards the catcher with very little closing and released the ball with the body pointing directly at the catcher. The arm path was wobbly and it was not a pure circle. Each of the pitchers had to go around their hip to release the ball. They often “suitcased” the ball and released it with the thumb almost pointing to the catcher."

-W

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles