9 Year Old DD - Throwing Motion

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 1, 2011
I'm not saying this is the finished product, but I'm thrilled with the progress. Last time I posted a video of her throwing, her whole back side was left behind, and there was little to NO follow through. Had a tourney this weekend. We were short 2 coaches, so I didn't get a chance to get video of her footwork/ball handling. 5 attempted steals. The first two throwdowns bled off to the right due to pitch location and her not getting her feet shifted properly before she released the ball. The next three she hosed down BIG TIME. The last Caught Stealing was in game #3. No more attempted steals in game #4, #5, or #6. I keep telling her to take it easy on her warm-ups before the inning starts (try a little Rope a Dope on em'), but it's like her own personal game with herself. She tries to get quicker every inning. If you can, pause the video right as the ball is coming out of her hand. It's pertty.

Mag Throwing Motion - YouTube

As always, if you have feedback...the more the merrier.

Josh

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wm4R97Wn_g said:
Mag Throwing Motion - YouTube[/url]

As always, if you have feedback...the more the merrier.

Josh

Welcome to Ford Park in Beaumont. The absolute hottest place to play ball in the summer time! :D

May 1, 2011
Summertime....psshhh....late January....70 degrees....and DD still baked behind the plate to the point that the salt from her sweat rubbed a rash on the left side of her face above her eyebrow. That was after the death defying drive to the park through fog that was thick enough to cut with a knife. Crazy day, let me tell ya.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
As always, if you have feedback...the more the merrier.Josh

Love how she feels for the seams. Continue to insist on her doing it it every time, in warmups. It draws focus, and slows it down a bit...I bet she does even better if she wasn't lookin out for camera !
Read over FFS comments in Throwing by Mr.T... for the next level stuff... Great Job !!! Can't help but notice some of the others. One thing great about getting the throwing down, is that the others will improve also, as they see her consistently sticking to her form. Make her aware of that, and have her conscience of putting on a demonstration... for the team, and with your videos even my DD. I had her watch it first thing this morning...!!! Thx

http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-fielding/7915-throwing-2.html#post95144

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
I hear ya!
We always pour cold ice box water on the concrete dugout floor so we can at least cool off the bottom of our shoes a little. Yes, the infield turf is really that hot! The coach's boxes will burn your feet.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Summertime....psshhh....late January....70 degrees....and DD still baked behind the plate to the point that the salt from her sweat rubbed a rash on the left side of her face above her eyebrow. That was after the death defying drive to the park through fog that was thick enough to cut with a knife. Crazy day, let me tell ya.

UH QYB! My kids are home today from school, snow day! I probably have to explain that. That means so much snow, cold, and nasty wind, that they cancel school! No seriously! ;)

UH QYB! My kids are home today from school, snow day! I probably have to explain that. That means so much snow, cold, and nasty wind, that they cancel school! No seriously! ;)

We are moving to CT in about 6 months, because of my job, one thing I will miss is year round outdoor activities you don't have to bundle up for....it was 87 degrees yesterday afternoon.....oh and CA nice throwing motion for your DD especially for that age.

Dec 3, 2012
West Coast
By the flight of the ball it looks like it has a nice rotation on it. Good zip with little effort and a nice pronation after release. I'm going to show my seven year old this after school as an example of what we have been working on in the next progression of her throwing. Nice job.

R

RayR

Don't do it.....weather blows here....lol...what part of CT?

We are moving to CT in about 6 months, because of my job, one thing I will miss is year round outdoor activities you don't have to bundle up for....it was 87 degrees yesterday afternoon.....oh and CA nice throwing motion for your DD especially for that age.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd