7 year old swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 11, 2014
Kingsville, Texas
No, I can't. Where is a gif tech when you need one? It's there though. I've begun to see common indicators of this problem.
1. No upper body load with correct barrel path.
2. Barrel drop
3. Front arm bar

If these three symptoms occur in the same swing then you have bat drag.

Are these symptoms occuring in each of her swings? Any ideas or plans of attack to correct it?

I'm seeing the barrel being turned behind the corner. I agree a gif would be helpful.

Could some one elaborate on the statement - the barrel being turned behind the corner? I am not familar with that term and dont know if thats a good or bad thing. If bad could you offer ways to fix it

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
Could some one elaborate on the statement - the barrel being turned behind the corner? I am not familar with that term and dont know if thats a good or bad thing. If bad could you offer ways to fix it

Do a search for "turn the barrel" - it has been discussed at length many times. It is a good thing.

May 29, 2013
Are these symptoms occuring in each of her swings? Any ideas or plans of attack to correct it?

Yes, every swing. It is a sequential challenge. Currently she loads,strides,then fires hips and hands together. The correction is getting her to stride and load simultaneously to toe touch, then firing the hip,and finishing the swing.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
a8Bhco.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez