30 days to make a pitcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 17, 2012
Is this the young lady (In the 4-14 post) that you're hopeful for? I have to tell you...there's a lot of good going on there for a beginner....my opinion anyway. Good posture and she looks like she's "Trusting Herself" to perform the motions. The part she's lacking is the upper arm stabilization which is preventing any whip. She's pushing the ball. You're going to have a hard time moving forward until she gets that concept. If you ask me the best way to get the feel of that motion is to go back to the basic IR drills. Javasource does an amazing job of DRILLING INTO OUR HEADS the importance of performing these drills properly in this clip. Pay attention of the upper arm stabilization, as well as when he talks about the "4 corners" at the 1:32 to 2:15 mark.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Time for an update and a plea for assistance. I manged to have 3 serviceable pitchers at the 30 day mark, good enough to keep us in games. At the end of 60 days, I had 2 decent pitchers and a third one who has been outstanding, all things considered. Some things from Rick's clinic and a lot of help from this site and I have a girl ready for some next level help. As most know, I live an hour from Hillhouse and 2 hours from Javasource. I have spoken with the father and he is ready and willing to drive either distance once a month.
So, Hillhouse or Javasource, I have a pitcher who is motivated, dedicated, smart, and ready for some higher level instruction. I can't do it but I can help. I am asking one of you to, please, contact me and let's set something up. She will not waste your time and I won't be wasting her father's money.

You may have more luck with a response if you tag them in your post [MENTION=8694]javasource[/MENTION] [MENTION=674]Hillhouse[/MENTION]

Feb 25, 2016
Did you get every single pitcher to try pitching? I found my two best pitchers halfway through the season. I had a PC work with every single girl 1 by 1 over 2 hours. The one with the most potential didn't want to pitch. She threw as hard as I did. Another hard thrower just couldn't get the mechanics down and she gave up. The other two had explosiveness and that was the key. They all were involved in other sports. After a couple of practices they were able to get the ball over the plate at a decent speed. It took me all season to learn how to pitch on my own, though I only spent maybe 10 hours total on it. I probably throw about 40-45 with decent accuracy...90% of the time I'm in or near the strike zone, the other 10% of the time it's going to hit the batter or sail over the catchers head. My two pitchers are 35-40. The other two pitchers I started the season with, picked based on their overhand throwing ability, were working hard but were only able to lob it up there. So I feel that a "natural" ability and "feel" for the pitching motion has a lot to do with finding your pitcher, along with strength of underhand throw.

javasource

6-4-3 = 2
May 6, 2013
Western NY
Cv,

As noted in our previous conversations, all you need to do is reach out to me with:

Dates & times you can commit to
Video of her throwing

It's really that simple. Using dfp for scheduling is not something I do well... so jet me an email with the above info... and voila... we are working together... ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi