30 days to make a pitcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 10, 2015
Chautauqua County
Video of the 2 pitchers I'm going with after the first week. I chose them because they are open to learning, fairly good potential and they're sisters. Hopefully I can upload the vids. ( I tried but no go. Vids are in .avi format and it won't work here. I tried converting to different formats but that doesn't work either. Any tech help would be appreciated.)

Dec 10, 2015
Chautauqua County
[video]https://youtu.be/O-2q22hyRHM[/video]
Side and back angles, poor quality, I know, but it is what it is. We're working on getting better and look to start at 40' this week coming. Next 2 posts are of the sister, just so you know.

Dec 10, 2015
Chautauqua County
tick tock... We're making some progress but we're nowhere near ready. Best pitcher turns out to be one of my catchers, works hard, studies the films, great attitude. She's having loads of trouble with accuracy and I'm pretty sure its because of trying to bring heat to reach home plate. When she's mechanically on, she's pretty darned good, relatively speaking. But mostly she's off. Second pitcher is young, again good attitude and desire. Locks her elbow too much but does throw a better ball on a more consistent basis. The remaining 3 are just going to take time. So, working hard on D and hitting, eh. I'll try and get some video posted. And we are going to a pitching clinic next Saturday. IR coach, seems pretty competent.

May 18, 2009
Girls have to put in the work on their own time if they want to pitch. I am trying to let one of the girls on my team pitch that has the desire. We have a 4 up rule so she pitches first inning. She's played 3 years. Was loading her glove side leg when we started. I am having a hard time getting her to figure out the release point.

Dec 10, 2015
Chautauqua County
video of the likely starting pitcher, my apologies for the bad angle. I can see things but feel free to chime in. I can tell you she goes right a lot. and I do mean a lot, hard and down.

Dec 10, 2015
Chautauqua County
Time for an update and a plea for assistance. I manged to have 3 serviceable pitchers at the 30 day mark, good enough to keep us in games. At the end of 60 days, I had 2 decent pitchers and a third one who has been outstanding, all things considered. Some things from Rick's clinic and a lot of help from this site and I have a girl ready for some next level help. As most know, I live an hour from Hillhouse and 2 hours from Javasource. I have spoken with the father and he is ready and willing to drive either distance once a month.
So, Hillhouse or Javasource, I have a pitcher who is motivated, dedicated, smart, and ready for some higher level instruction. I can't do it but I can help. I am asking one of you to, please, contact me and let's set something up. She will not waste your time and I won't be wasting her father's money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi