30 days to make a pitcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Plan to practice 5 days a week and I think you could get her to throw strikes, just make sure your defense is ready for action!

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
DR_uno.gif
DR_lead_elbow.gif

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2016
I've had 10 days of 30 to work on pitching and I think I'm getting it more and more. Looking at all these videos, plus these recent college games on espn help a lot. The Ueno vid is probably the best, but I don't agree with the "suction". There is no suction using the glove hand on Ueno's actual pitch, that I can see anyway. Plus doing drills at a 45 degree open angle is helping me out more than doing them completely closed.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
I've had 10 days of 30 to work on pitching and I think I'm getting it more and more. Looking at all these videos, plus these recent college games on espn help a lot. The Ueno vid is probably the best, but I don't agree with the "suction". There is no suction using the glove hand on Ueno's actual pitch, that I can see anyway. Plus doing drills at a 45 degree open angle is helping me out more than doing them completely closed.

Which are done completely closed?? Also, what do you mean by the word "suction?"

Jul 17, 2012
Javasource, please check your inbox. And I'll post some video Monday night. Can I assume to just upload to DFP from a smart phone or is there some other way to do it? This question is for anyone with an answer.
thanks!

Dude, You don't need Javasource here...you need God and a lot of prayer. I hope you're a religious individual, because in no way shape or form can a pitcher you make in 30 days.....without divine intervention. Other's have hinted on it and given you suggestions for false hope, but it isn't going to happen. Unless these ladies are to fastpitch what Motzart was to music, I'd look toward next year as far a developing a pitcher...and pick your best athlete to learn chuck and duck step style/slingshot just to get the ball to be remotely mistakable for a strike for this season. Darn...sorry to sound so stinkin grim, but the sooner reality is faced, the better you'll be from an expectation perspective.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
It will be difficult and some good advice above.... There are several things not to do and below is one of them...

f4r5p0.jpg

Sorry, I know you are looking for help but you have a tough road ahead so don't ever forget to keep a smile, laugh, and keep the humor!!! Sometimes during this process it will be the only thing that will work to get you to the next day!

S3

Dec 10, 2015
Chautauqua County
I thought JavaSource was in the pantheon of pitching gods we have here. :D But you're right, FR. I have 4 prospects, 2 of whom want to learn and 2 who are starting to want to learn. So we will go with a stripped down pitching style and rely on hitting, defense and base running. And, I have already been down to the 10U and 12U teams and we will be starting on pitching with them in January along side the older girls.
As for you, Strike 3, I can out dance that dude and without any tequila. Well, maybe a couple of shooters.:cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi