2020 Ghost Advanced

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Here I go and try to steer the conversation to motorcycles and you guys just pull it right back to old cars. 😒
Had a KZ 750 and a GPZ 1100, and what I found out JAG, I’m way too stupid to own a fast motorcycle!

Rode two bikes back in the day that made my two look like they were backing up, one buddy had a Yamaha V-MAX and another had a Kawasaki GPZ 750 Turbo, I thought both of those bikes were scary!

Apr 16, 2013
Had a KZ 750 and a GPZ 1100, and what I found out JAG, I’m way too stupid to own a fast motorcycle!

Rode two bikes back in the day that made my two look like they were backing up, one buddy had a Yamaha V-MAX and another had a Kawasaki GPZ 750 Turbo, I thought both of those bikes were scary!
V-Max are fun in a straight line. Of course, there's a new(er) max out now, 1700cc. Years back I rode with a guy that had a built gpz turbo. He had to carry a couple liter bottles of race gas with him so he wouldn't run out of gas out riding. I rode it once. Reminded me of a 500 2-stroke. Kinda like Star Wars, nothing, nothing, then the jump to hyper space happens and everything goes blurry while you just hold on. :D

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
V-Max are fun in a straight line. Of course, there's a new(er) max out now, 1700cc. Years back I rode with a guy that had a built gpz turbo. He had to carry a couple liter bottles of race gas with him so he wouldn't run out of gas out riding. I rode it once. Reminded me of a 500 2-stroke. Kinda like Star Wars, nothing, nothing, then the jump to hyper space happens and everything goes blurry while you just hold on. :D
The V-Max was a 1985 model, pretty sure? It was just pure straight muscle, smooth as glass and would do a mile long burnout, just shred the rear tire! The guy who owned this bike was crazy, five gallon bucket of balls, I was pretty sure he’d die every time we rode together!

And sir, you could not have described that 750 Turbo any better, that was perfect!

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Sorry Core, vultures will be vultures! Had a HS buddy with a 69 El Dorado, coolest thing ever was to see a FWD car boil the front tires off!

I had a "72 El Dorado for a short stint after my Brougham. The wheel wells rotted out of the trunk on the Fleetwood so I traded with friend for his "72. It was the seafoam green convertible with a white leather interior. It was gorgeous and I loved that car but someone came along and offered me a deal I couldn't refuse.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
The V-Max was a 1985 model, pretty sure? It was just pure straight muscle, smooth as glass and would do a mile long burnout, just shred the rear tire! The guy who owned this bike was crazy, five gallon bucket of balls, I was pretty sure he’d die every time we rode together!

And sir, you could not have described that 750 Turbo any better, that was perfect!

I'd have liked to compare that to the KZ 1000. That motor would shred the tire in 4th gear at 120 mph.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I'd have liked to compare that to the KZ 1000. That motor would shred the tire in 4th gear at 120 mph.
I’m not saying it’s the fastest bike out there, but I do believe it was the highest rated horsepower bike at the time.

That V4 was just a torque monster! Like big block 454 Chevelle torque on a motorcycle! And with that shaft drive it was instant transfer, doing a burnout going from 1st to 2nd gear the entire bike would raise like 2” level, very weird feeling, just hang on!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414