2020 Ghost Advanced

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Man, you guys sittin' here talking about cars and I'm all *yawwwn*. I was rockin' my father's old work car when I turned 16. 240k miles, Honda Accord. :D Now what I was proud of was working all summer and buying that '75 Kawasaki Z1 behind my parents' backs. Kept it at my friends house. Wish I'd never sold that girl. I still remember the look of sheer surprise when I dusted my friends on their new CBR600 and Ninja 600.

My first car was a '69 Pontiac Catalina. It had a big block Pontiac 455 under the hood. It passed everything but a gas station. I was lucky if it got 7 MPG unlike the AMC's. A majority of those got 18-20 if I remember correctly. My one friend had a Pacer which we used to call the glass egg and another had a Gremlin II. Good cars but God forbid you ever had to work on them. You never knew which parts you needed since the motors were made of a combination of parts from the Big 3. It might have a Chrysler distributor, a General Motors Carburetor and a Ford Alternator all on a GM or Ford engine block.

Back around the time you're talking about, I had several bikes. I got all of them dirt cheap because they were wrecked or broke down. I'd repair them and if I liked them, I'd hang onto them or if not, sell them. One day, someone gave me a Kawasaki KZ 900 motor, a KZ 1000 frame (complete with tank) and a KZ 1000 motor in pieces and in a box. I got the 900 running and sold it for a lot of money at the time to finance the build. I put the 1000 motor together, got it running, painted the bike and completed it. It blew anything on the streets away. There's a reason, even today, the most sought after motors for dragbike racing are the KZ motors.

Now, someone gave me an old Kawi Vulcan 750. I just got done rebuilding the motor and got it together. The motors back in the frame but I need to rebuild the carbs. The floats are hung and flooding the back cylinder while the front isn't getting any fuel at all. Plans are to turn it into a rat bike. My next project is a Suzuki M109R. That thing'll fly too!

ETA: Wow! This thread's really gone off the rails!:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
ETA: Wow! This thread's really gone off the rails!:ROFLMAO::LOL:
As most good threads around here do!

69 Catalina boat huh? Like driving a big ole comfortable 7000 lb. couch! Those old Pontiac’s were tough for short guys like me to work on, from the very point of the chrome front bumper to the engine itself was a 5’ span!

The hood alone on that car weighs more than the hood, both fenders, the bumper, and both headlamps on a new Camry..........and that’s with them still in their boxes, the cardboard weighs more than those parts themselves!

My first car was a 1971 El Camino, I’d really incriminate myself here if I talked about a fraction of the fun I had in that car!

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
As most good threads around here do!

69 Catalina boat huh? Like driving a big ole comfortable 7000 lb. couch! Those old Pontiac’s were tough for short guys like me to work on, from the very point of the chrome front bumper to the engine itself was a 5’ span!

The hood alone on that car weighs more than the hood, both fenders, the bumper, and both headlamps on a new Camry..........and that’s with them still in their boxes, the cardboard weighs more than those parts themselves!

My first car was a 1971 El Camino, I’d really incriminate myself here if I talked about a fraction of the fun I had in that car!

You think the Catalina was a tank? My next car was worse...A 1976 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham With the old Caddy 572 CID. Now that was one heavy couch! And yes, like your El Camino, a lot of fun was had in the back of that thing.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
You think the Catalina was a tank? My next car was worse...A 1976 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham With the old Caddy 572 CID. Now that was one heavy couch! And yes, like your El Camino, a lot of fun was had in the back of that thing.
My dad had a car lot, putting those old sixties through mid seventies GM buses.........Cadillac’s, Pontiac’s, Oldsmobile’s, Buick’s on a car lift was sketchy for a teenaged Kid, and a job in itself! Some of those old real cars would make that lift cry!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA

Now we are talking...my grandparents had Caddys. Grandmother had a 1978 Cadillac Fleetwood and my
grandfather has his 1968 Cadillac Eldorado.
I wanted his car so bad to keep and fix up as when he passed it just sat in her garage. Think she just didnt want to let it go. But of course when she got sick, POS relative next door made it disappear for like 500 bucks. I was pissed. That car had really low miles...i believe in the 50K area (this was in the late 80's)...just needed some TLC and bring it back to life.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Now we are talking...my grandparents had Caddys. Grandmother had a 1978 Cadillac Fleetwood and my
grandfather has his 1968 Cadillac Eldorado.
I wanted his car so bad to keep and fix up as when he passed it just sat in her garage. Think she just didnt want to let it go. But of course when she got sick, POS relative next door made it disappear for like 500 bucks. I was pissed.
Sorry Core, vultures will be vultures! Had a HS buddy with a 69 El Dorado, coolest thing ever was to see a FWD car boil the front tires off!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom