2015 ASA National Convention Oct 31-Nov 6

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 26, 2013
I would think Cress and crew would wait until they got pass this year's meeting before worrying about 2017
They decided sites for all the other 2017 ASA/USA JO Nats. I don't see why Gold should be any different.

Maybe they're waiting to see if there will even be Gold Nats in 2017. They only had 53 18U teams last year due to the inaugural JO Cup...

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
They decided sites for all the other 2017 ASA/USA JO Nats. I don't see why Gold should be any different.

Maybe they're waiting to see if there will even be Gold Nats in 2017. They only had 53 18U teams last year due to the inaugural JO Cup...

Last couple of years, ASA officially announced the Gold locations in December even though it was pretty much a given for the announced locations.

Sep 14, 2011
Glendale, AZ
The re-branding to USA Softball was to bring our organization in line with all other National Governing bodies in the country, ie., USA Soccer, USA Basketball, USA Track and Field, etc.

There is a VERY high confidence level that softball will be back on the Olympic program in 2020 and this change was made to coincide with the upcoming 2016 games and the return of softball in 2020.

The initial JO Cup was considered a success and further study is being done as to how to grow the event.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Ugh.... I really don't want to go there to play (not saying which one)

And there is nothing normal about Normal, IL (which should be renamed State Farm, IL) and there is no good way to get there. And very, very limited hotels. (Not going there either)

Memories of Normal, IL.....this was our first ASA Nationals (14U) and really made me appreciate how good we had it at the USFA World Series in Panama City Beach, FL the year before.....
Normal, IL 14U ASA Nationals cropped.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32