1st year 14u - Swing mechanics what to work on

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
Yea, and as we can see they can be used incorrectly.

2IgoO4U.gif

KgnnOWo.gif
Howard is using them correctly

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Howard is using them correctly
OMG. Feels like I just started medical school and in anatomy 101.

A torso is the trunk of a human body — minus arms, legs, and head. Anatomically, your torso's job is to protect your internal organs, like your heart, lungs, and kidney, which are all protected by your rib cage.

What are obliques good for? - The oblique muscles are tasked with a variety of functions. They help you bend your torso to the side, help rotate your torso to the left and right, and perhaps most important, actually act to resist your torso from rotating, which helps to stabilize and protect your spine.

Followed by a physics class

The focus of Lesson 1 is Newton's first law of motion - sometimes referred to as the law of inertia. Newton's first law of motion is often stated as. An object at rest stays at rest and an object in motion stays in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force.

What is the 2nd Law of Motion? - Newton's second law of motion can be formally stated as follows: The acceleration of an object as produced by a net force is directly proportional to the magnitude of the net force, in the same direction as the net force, and inversely proportional to the mass of the object

What's Newton's 3 law? - A force is a push or a pull that acts upon an object as a results of its interaction with another object. ... These two forces are called action and reaction forces and are the subject of Newton's third law of motion. Formally stated, Newton's third law is: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Now I can be a hitting coach. Load and let it fly. :geek:

Last edited:

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
In this swing she has way too much torso rotation internally. When this occurs the compensating move is to begin shoulder rotation early, out of sequence. The result is the back knee and the front shoulder moving together, less tightening of the rope in the swing.

In a proper upper body scap load, the rear elbow should move up some and pinch against the upper thoracic. From the pitchers view, the rear elbow should barely peak out from behind the body line.

Calm the torso/shoulder rotation move. The scap load should occur during the stride. You can preset some scap load to give her a shorter distance to achieve it. This is the upper body anchor that resists the firing of the lower body that creates stretch. If maintained her torso will rotate from under the ball and allowing the barrel to turn from behind creating a bigger hitting window.
Ok thanks. Next time out we will try.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
Well, since she doesn't like me bothering her, I jumped at the chance to video her when she snuck outside to swing today. I noticed a couple things in her swing. Still not very good overall, but we worked on on thing specifically. Looking to see if anyone likes swing one vs swing two. And you have to choose, can't just say you dont like either. hahah.

swing 1

swing 2

Oct 2, 2017
Well, since she doesn't like me bothering her, I jumped at the chance to video her when she snuck outside to swing today. I noticed a couple things in her swing. Still not very good overall, but we worked on on thing specifically. Looking to see if anyone likes swing one vs swing two. And you have to choose, can't just say you dont like either. hahah.

swing 1

swing 2

SWING 2

Aug 20, 2017
Swing 2! Barrel gets parallel to the ground and on plane deeper due to her staying behind the ball better. Swing 1 is a little pushy due to the upper body leaking forward during rotation

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA