Introducing the BAT TRAC Muscle Memory Trainer

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2023
I didn't randomly join; I joined DFP as a "vendor" to use the features they offer to companies. I have been on almost all the forums for over 23 years, although I haven't engaged much in the last six years, mostly lurking. I have seen many forums come and go. DFP has done a great job keeping their forum clean all these years. I did my due diligence before posting the introduction. I exchanged several messages with the moderators to ensure I followed proper protocol. I was told to post to any forum related to my product. One poster even asked me why I hadn't created a thread about my product. I replied that I was waiting for the moderator's reply before posting.

So, although you have rung me up on three strikes, I'll take another trip to the plate and come out swinging again. I might have a short fuse for snark remarks, and if posters want to dish it out, that's fine with me, but this is a discussion forum, so I will gladly engage. It would be more enjoyable to have thought-provoking discussions about the topic at hand. If you don't agree with the product, back up your remark with some thought, and let's have a discussion.
I saw Northball asking you a question about your inspiration for what you created. Just because they gave a colorful picture along with it.
( which seems to have provoked 😕 response)
They added entertainment to an otherwise great question!!!

As with any training tool there is the possibility it could help some.
And not be for everybody.
Good luck on your venture!

Bat Trac

DFP Vendor
Jun 21, 2023
I didn't read it that way, so I interpreted it differently.
Yes, it is helping players, and that is why we brought it to market, and I agree it isn't for everyone. The emails and feedback we get keeps us going everyday. I appreciate the well wishes, and I am looking forward to some good interaction with the members here.

Bat Trac

DFP Vendor
Jun 21, 2023
I am certain that I saw a video on your site about how you came up with the idea but I can't find it. If it's there you should post it.
Wow, that video was up when we first launched in late November, so you saw it a while back. I took it down pretty quickly. I didn't care for it. Maybe I will repost it.

Bat Trac

DFP Vendor
Jun 21, 2023
I am curious to see how it works with arm barring, I have a number of players with that issue and the bat drag that comes with it.
Thanks AW - Arm barring is an interesting topic with a lot of different causes; stability, strength or directional issues. I think it's important to get a good diagnosis for each player. I am interested in hearing your thoughts about arm barring, and what you are seeing with your players. The BAT TRAC should help.

Bat Trac

DFP Vendor
Jun 21, 2023
I am curious to see how it works with arm barring, I have a number of players with that issue and the bat drag that comes with it.
AW - Here is a first time user showing arm bar in his swing without the BAT TRAC. His first few swings with the BAT TRAC yielded a much different, connected swing. I love this video, as it is pretty telling. Is his arm bar due to lack of stability? His lead arm collapses as he tries to initiate his swing. What do you see? I would love to hear some thoughts on this.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
His lead arm collapses as he tries to initiate his swing.
I typically see what I call the 'bat drag syndrome' in which the lead arm bars, which collapses 'the box' allowing the back elbow to get in front of the hands which causes/allows the barrel to drop. This is the body's method of swinging the bat, for beginners. I don't think you would see this if the player was swinging a plastic bat, so is the bat too heavy or the player not strong enough, these are both sides of the same coin. The batter seems to be pulling the handle of the bat to contact rather than turning or throwing the barrel. I have not found a reliable method for curing this. You do the drills and they seem to be working but as you move up from tee to side toss to front toss to a machine to live pitching at some point the old pattern will reassert control. It's very frustrating.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
That would an interesting experiment to try with a group of 8 y/o. Would they have less or no bat drag with a plastic bat vs. more Bat drag with a 30/21 composite.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles