15yo Maddie

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Is there any fields with fences in Cali ......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. They just never seem to be at the parks where we end up. I have quite a few local friends who happily posted videos of their DDs doing the 240' trot from this past weekend.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Maddie's new 16U TB team had their first games this weekend. Unfortunately, it was on a field without proper HR fences, making this a 240+' triple for this not-very-fast runner.
Found this interesting video about running

Apr 11, 2015
Maddie's new 16U TB team had their first games this weekend. Unfortunately, it was on a field without proper HR fences, making this a 240+' triple for this not-very-fast runner.
Wow, I didn't know you had two DDs named "Maddie". How's the young one I met however many years ago doing? Your older Maddie here looks really good, and I especially like her loading pattern in how she approached getting to and going with a pitch up and away in the zone.

Nicely done, and no worries about the wheels around the bases...my oldest was a "heavy footed" F2 as I like to say, and just from observation, I don't believe the position itself is conducive to being too fleet of foot on the base paths for 95% of them that I've seen. Oh well, whatcha gonna do when you gotta do however many squats before being expected to run like some body else whose not done the same? 🤷‍♂️:cool:

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Wow, I didn't know you had two DDs named "Maddie". How's the young one I met however many years ago doing? Your older Maddie here looks really good, and I especially like her loading pattern in how she approached getting to and going with a pitch up and away in the zone.

Nicely done, and no worries about the wheels around the bases...my oldest was a "heavy footed" F2 as I like to say, and just from observation, I don't believe the position itself is conducive to being too fleet of foot on the base paths for 95% of them that I've seen. Oh well, whatcha gonna do when you gotta do however many squats before being expected to run like some body else whose not done the same? 🤷‍♂️:cool:

I don't know where that little Maddie went, but I kind of like what this big one is doing.

Maddie was gifted with my running speed, and the propensity for butt and thigh powered activities.

Oct 2, 2017

It's very good to see the consistent power she's been showing in BP continuing to carry over into games.

Very often we hear talk about how young players' tee swings, BP swings, and game swings all look different. Keep working at it. It will come together.

Behind the plate, Maddie didn't get a chance to throw even one runner out. I tried to tell her that runners not willing to even try stealing is the peak of catcher effectiveness, but she wasn't so thrilled with that idea. It's boring - LOL.

Very Nice! Well Done. A Beast!

May 12, 2016

It's very good to see the consistent power she's been showing in BP continuing to carry over into games.

Very often we hear talk about how young players' tee swings, BP swings, and game swings all look different. Keep working at it. It will come together.

Behind the plate, Maddie didn't get a chance to throw even one runner out. I tried to tell her that runners not willing to even try stealing is the peak of catcher effectiveness, but she wasn't so thrilled with that idea. It's boring - LOL.

LOL too funny. My older DD was a catcher with a reputation for a strong accurate arm. Players stopped stealing.. and she absolutely hated it :)

Something special about power the oppo way like that,, beauty hit. Fields without proper fences should be banned :)

Jun 8, 2016

There are a few kids on Marcela's team that make Maddie look like Mickey Mantle on the basepaths...

May 24, 2013
So Cal
LOL too funny. My older DD was a catcher with a reputation for a strong accurate arm. Players stopped stealing.. and she absolutely hated it :)

Something special about power the oppo way like that,, beauty hit. Fields without proper fences should be banned :)

The leadoff hitter for the the other team is an ex-teammate from 12U, and is quite speedy. She took advantage of our team's weak short game to get on base, but didn't test Maddie. Maddie was disappointed.

Maddie's power tends to be left-center to straight away CF, but this trajectory shows up on occasion, too.

Agree 100% about fences - LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13