15yo Maddie

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
Wow Eric.. reminds me of the Sierra Romero video 13 HR's in 60 seconds.. Those are lasers .. no hook and tons of backspin. I loved all the hits, but the one beginning at 18 secs and ending at 19.. That's just a line drive rocket.. that's how you strike the ball! There were other examples like that too, amazing!!

Oct 2, 2017
BP session and work with @Mike-Coach-Q yesterday. I was absolutely blown away by her consistent power and clean contact.

(No duplicate swings in this video)

The base of the light pole in left field is at 220’. When Maddie was 8, I offered her a cash reward for the ridiculous goal of hitting the light pole on the fly. Even as she has developed into a hitter with 250’ power, I haven’t changed the reward offer. She hasn’t hit the pole yet, but she’s been pretty close a few times.

Maddie’s 16U TB team starts practices this coming week. She’s pretty excited to get back to playing ball.

The consistency is Awesome!

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
BP session and work with @Mike-Coach-Q yesterday. I was absolutely blown away by her consistent power and clean contact.

(No duplicate swings in this video)

The base of the light pole in left field is at 220’. When Maddie was 8, I offered her a cash reward for the ridiculous goal of hitting the light pole on the fly. Even as she has developed into a hitter with 250’ power, I haven’t changed the reward offer. She hasn’t hit the pole yet, but she’s been pretty close a few times.

Maddie’s 16U TB team starts practices this coming week. She’s pretty excited to get back to playing ball.

Eric, i have mentioned in the past using your DD as a hitter to emulate for my DD, thank you for that. She is so powerful. One question for you.

When i look at her swing the first thing i 'think' i see is her getting on plane with the lead arm/elbow? am i imagining this, or said differently is there a little leveling happening after the tip. So not a tip and rip, but a Tip/level/rip? When she explodes she really explodes. Just curious if there is a conscious effort to get the bat on plane early? She seems to have a high handset and she stars slotting at toe touch but really doesn't let r rip until heel down.

Again, maybe i am just missing something. May help my DD understand better as well. Thanks again for posting.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Eric, i have mentioned in the past using your DD as a hitter to emulate for my DD, thank you for that. She is so powerful. One question for you.

When i look at her swing the first thing i 'think' i see is her getting on plane with the lead arm/elbow? am i imagining this, or said differently is there a little leveling happening after the tip. So not a tip and rip, but a Tip/level/rip? When she explodes she really explodes. Just curious if there is a conscious effort to get the bat on plane early? She seems to have a high handset and she stars slotting at toe touch but really doesn't let r rip until heel down.

Again, maybe i am just missing something. May help my DD understand better as well. Thanks again for posting.

Getting her front elbow working up to get on plane was a phase of her development that helped put things together better for her. I don't believe there is a conscious thought for her to level before launch. However, I think there is an adjustment for pitch location that happens between tip and launch, but it's all a continuous flow.

Thank you for your kind words about Maddie. :)

Last edited:
May 7, 2015
SoCal
Not of fan of hearing from the gallery in golf, but here its pretty fitting... That's straight up mashed potatoes!

As others have said, for a long time I've emulated the process and power that Maddie is gone thru and shown over the years for my DD. Kudo's to both of you.

Who needs a skills video when you can send that out to colleges!

BTW, what speed do you pitch at? I've wondered what distance and speed is most appropriate for BP

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Not of fan of hearing from the gallery in golf, but here its pretty fitting... That's straight up mashed potatoes!

As others have said, for a long time I've emulated the process and power that Maddie is gone thru and shown over the years for my DD. Kudo's to both of you.

Who needs a skills video when you can send that out to colleges!

BTW, what speed do you pitch at? I've wondered what distance and speed is most appropriate for BP

Thanks, erniekru.

In our cage at home, my release is about 18' away from the plate. Last time I measured, my tosses are typically around 27-28. I try to set up on a field about the same distance, but I don't actually measure it.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Maddie's new 16U TB team had their first games this weekend. Unfortunately, it was on a field without proper HR fences, making this a 240+' triple for this not-very-fast runner.

It's very good to see the consistent power she's been showing in BP continuing to carry over into games.

Very often we hear talk about how young players' tee swings, BP swings, and game swings all look different. Keep working at it. It will come together.

Behind the plate, Maddie didn't get a chance to throw even one runner out. I tried to tell her that runners not willing to even try stealing is the peak of catcher effectiveness, but she wasn't so thrilled with that idea. It's boring - LOL.

Feb 16, 2015
South East
Maddie's new 16U TB team had their first games this weekend. Unfortunately, it was on a field without proper HR fences, making this a 240+' triple for this not-very-fast runner.

It's very good to see the consistent power she's been showing in BP continuing to carry over into games.

Very often we hear talk about how young players' tee swings, BP swings, and game swings all look different. Keep working at it. It will come together.

Behind the plate, Maddie didn't get a chance to throw even one runner out. I tried to tell her that runners not willing to even try stealing is the peak of catcher effectiveness, but she wasn't so thrilled with that idea. It's boring - LOL.

Is there any fields with fences in Cali ......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802