13 Y.O. open for discussion.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
Ok, Crankermo threw it down, so here it is. This is DD who switched to lefty slapper about 8 months ago. Prior to the switch, we had worked on her swing for about a month or so. This swing is from her first righty session back last week, as we have decided to work both sides for now. During her lefty slapping period, I did not work with her. Fire away boys and girls.

kubJNVk.gif

Jun 24, 2010
Mississippi
For her 1st righty session, she looks real good to me. I'm so far from an expert, it's not funny, but I'll step out on the limb.

Areas of improvements: More coil, use her right leg more to drive the swing, and more resistance on her drive .
Areas I like: I like her hand path. Her hands look quick and she looks like she swings through the ball.

Other can give much better advice, but those are my meager observations.

Last edited:

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
For her 1st righty session, she looks real good to me. I'm so far from an expert, it's not funny, but if I'll step out on the limb.

Areas of improvements: More coil, use her right leg more to drive the swing, and more resistance on her drive .
Areas I like: I like her hand path. Her hands look quick and she looks like she swings through the ball.

I like your comments North. I see what you see, too.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
For her 1st righty session, she looks real good to me. I'm so far from an expert, it's not funny, but if I'll step out on the limb.

I agree. My kid's swing is very close to this, and that's what I'm trying to make happen.

May 3, 2014
Coil with both legs like this guy. You two legs - use them. It's resistance that drives the swing.

babe-ruth-o.gif

KjIepU.gif

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2010
Mississippi
coachbob, it's hard to see with the yellow circle (completely fine), but keep an eye on if she's keeping her nose on the ball. I seems her head is lifting as she's coming through contact. She might not be, but watch for it.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
If I was able to post...I would comment on...
kubJNVk.gif

Your DD looks like she loads her shoulders and then unloads with her shoulders. Also looks like 'spinning' in her rear leg.
Again JMHO.

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
coachbob, it's hard to see with the yellow circle (completely fine), but keep an eye on if she's keeping her nose on the ball. I seems her head is lifting as she's coming through contact. She might not be, but watch for it.

Again, appreciate the feedback a north, but nose on the ball absolute has been debunked by lots of video Shown here and elsewhere. I understand the need to pick up the ball early, but the late hold is not required to square up on the ball. I'm sure Five has some frames showing this.