11 y/o swings, side view.....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
"Hahahaha...now let's get back to Rich." :D
You, my friend, have an obsession with me having an obsession.... :)

I'm discussing "scap pinch", while using a Nymen animation. I think you're reading into things a little too much.

Nov 9, 2013
Casedawg51---I like her swing at impact...nice extension. However, here are a couple of suggestions:

1. I like where her hands are when she starts the bat through the hitting zone, but that's where they should start. They start above her head and travel down to that nice position. Have her start with her hands there and keep them there and still.

2. She really doesn't load any power on her back leg. She steps forward, which only causes to disperse her power over a larger area, which is not good. She should lift her leg/knee straight up or even a little back toward the catcher to stack her power before the swing.

3. Whether she loads straight up or steps like she currently does, it needs to be done earlier. In this video, she steps forward and then there is a pause before she swings. This means there is no momentum (linear or rotational). It no better than standing still and trying to swing.

She looks like she could really have a nice swing if she could just tighten a few things up. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877