10 Year old DD Swing Feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
'Bat Drag Buster' demonstration .....

ipm936.gif

33w2kq0.gif

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
'Bat Drag Buster' demonstration .....

ipm936.gif

33w2kq0.gif

He is maintaining his hitters box.

to me still a favorite tool of mine to help students with a great number of swing points.

It helps with the "Around" part of the swing

He is demoing exactly how I would teach it.

one of the best tricks I gained from Parker, I just add 'rock the u" (youth)

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
I really the bat drag buster. I would go so far as to say if you are going to buy one hitting gadget, buy that one. I like that it can be used on full speed swings. I think that pulling the elbows slightly apart takes hold quicker than pushing together.

Coach James gave the tip that it works well with the ProHammer training bat and I happen to have a heavy and light version of ProHammer so we use the BDB and two prohammers as under/overload training sets. Like the results.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Straightleg, whats your take on the whiphit stick? worth making one/the investment? Also, any insight on the bat weight issue? she is using a 30/17 but I can move her to a 30/20 if it would be beneficial.

How tall is she and how much does she weight

May 28, 2014
53" and a solid 70#. She is the shortest girl on the team, no 29" bats to be had, I have looked. I'll see if I can scare one up though

Strange how I have 3 30" bats....at the time I bought them we were not planing on playing travel so picked up some good deals... was buying for the future.. :)

She has a lesson with a pure hitting instructor on Friday, this would be alot easier if I just had a place I could have her swing in my house, but no such luck.

Last edited:

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
53" and a solid 70#. She is the shortest girl on the team, no 29" bats to be had, I have looked. I'll see if I can scare one up though

Strange how I have 3 30" bats....at the time I bought them we were not planing on playing travel so picked up some good deals... was buying for the future.. :)

She has a lesson with a pure hitting instructor on Friday, this would be alot easier if I just had a place I could have her swing in my house, but no such luck.

She probably can swing in the house as long as she doesn't hit a ball. Use a tee and rolled up sock or nerf ball.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1