10 Year old DD Swing Feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
lX7VDY.gif

Save your money...read...it's free...

Sep 17, 2009
I know this runs counter to the technical forum, but in young ones enthusiasm can be more important than mechanics. Looks like you've got her going to a lot of clinics, etc. If she *loves* it keep exposing her to those kinds of things and she'll improve. What I noticed in the first video swings was her thinking too much about what she was doing and trying to make contact vs. just letting it rip. Give her the chance to figure out how her body can generate power -- especially after watching closely how older girls do it, including a lot of the model swings on this site -- and then have her just go for it.

As for actual swing mechanics, if you are getting less than helpful instruction like you seem to be, I'd recommend reading up here. If you don't feel comfortable teaching her yourself, you'll at least be more equipped to find a good instructor. Good luck!

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Was at a local college clinic to today, saw them breaking down the swing and I thought it might help her out.. but then they let her get away with this with out correcting her ... :x

I wasn't there, so this is just a guess ......

They may have been attempting to help your daughter with her hand/barrel path ..... which needs work and is better here.

It may be that your daughter didn't grasp how the lower body sets up to support that. Part of the issue with teaching the swing from stopped/segmented/paused positions is that you run into what we see here.

May 28, 2014
Yea the clinic showed a step by step process, which was good, but they were in large groups and there was no correction of bad form.

We worked a bunch on stance today and some weight shifting drills, slowing going from the ground up, along with throwing.

Thanks for the Gif FFS, always helpful

Have a meeting with a hitting coach later this week, remains to be seen if ill keep it, have heard mixed reviews for people that have went to him

May 28, 2014
Live pitching from tonight

Removed my background sound, wife has a sailor mouth ;)

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
n6dcht.gif

I will have to first thank FFS for this gif. See her back elbow fold underneath. That is what they say in hitting terms as not maintaining the box
They sell connector devices to have hitters feel this position.

This would be an important position in the swing to fix.

SL