10 y/o swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2015
Good hitters don't leap off their rear leg as they go through impact.

No one does. But the feeling at contact is felt IMHO. And it's not leaping off your right leg at impact. It's leaping off your right leg to force the momentum of your body to drive the ball and leave nothing on the right leg in the swing at impact.

Aug 26, 2015
I picture this....very wrong but, what I picture.....
Miranda.gif

No that's not what I mean. She is coming to a jump stop.

Aug 26, 2015
I personally don't want my hitters to acquire a 'feel' of actively leaping off of their rear leg through impact.

It's not a feel of leaping off the leg. It's the feeling of the right leg at impact. You're getting hung up on the leap and that isn't the focal point of the drill. The leap merely forces you to allow your momentum to get the feeling in your right leg when you arrive to the tee. Looking at what you bolded in my description, I see the issue you have with it. It's not "take a giant leap off your right leg and as you hit the ball on the tee". I stated it wrong.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
It's not a feel of leaping off the leg. It's the feeling of the right leg at impact. You're getting hung up on the leap and that isn't the focal point of the drill. The leap merely forces you to allow your momentum to get the feeling in your right leg when you arrive to the tee. Looking at what you bolded in my description, I see the issue you have with it. It's not "take a giant leap off your right leg and as you hit the ball on the tee". I stated it wrong.

What is 'that' feeling you want your hitter to feel in their rear leg.

Aug 26, 2015
Do you want your hitters to finish on their toes of their rear leg. Toes pointed to china.

Yes. On this drill, DD goes beyond this as her momentum carries her past the tee, but the feeling of the right leg on a full swing is the only focus in the drill. She doesn't even need to make contact so long as her momentum forces her to feel the position the right leg should be in at contact and as a direct result, in the follow through.

Aug 26, 2015
Like this:
YeeKickDrill.gif

No she is lifting her plant leg off the ground at contact. This drill I'm referring to starts 2 steps away from the tee so that when you take a leap you land in the place of a standard full swing, but your momentum from the leap forces you to continue forward so that when you make contact, you immediately feel the tension and then lose it. So, when you go back to soft toss or (not of) standard tee work, you can "look for that feeling".

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG