Speed drop off with I/R

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 5, 2018
PNW
You got some great info here...one other thing is to have faith and relax. Your DD is going through or just finished a growth spurt. Kids that look very athletic at 11YOA can't walk and chew gun at the same time.

Rick Pauly posted a picture of Sarah Pauly at 12YOA. It is priceless. My DD#3 started her first varsity HS ball game and fell down on her keaster going 15 feet from the pre-game team huddle to the bench.

Your DD will get it all back and more. So, just keep working with her and be patient.

Love these reminders. Our DD at 12u got struck by a gravity storm on her way from on deck circle to the plate. A complete face plant. She looked around to see if anyone was watching.....the umpire quietly told her "Don't worry kid...no one saw it" 😂 We still laugh about that today.

Jan 28, 2017
Sorry to get off topic but saw an 8 year old that wears goggles jog off the field and hit the dugout because she blew bubbles and had gum stuck inside the goggles and couldnt see after pitching.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
Honestly, this is one that stumps me. Yes her ball/hand position is not optimum on the upswing but by 9:00 she is fine, palm facing 3rd base. So why the speed loss, there doesn't seem to an obvious mechanical problem. Just try staying loose and moving the arm/hand fast, whip it!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812