“The New Bats Are So Fragile”

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
half the time the mechanics are poor at best.

Exactly. Easton really put itself in a pickle. Many of the bats break because your Darling Daughter has a crappy swing. And they can't say that to a customer without losing the customer forever.

The Easton (or whomever owns them) marketing team really needs to work overtime on the next Ghost release. Or simply dump Ghost and move to another model. But they need to win back many customers who won't ever buy a Ghost again because their DD casts their hands and hits the ball off the handle.

Jul 28, 2019
My dd has about 10K hits on her Advanced. I know this because we use blast motion. About 90-95%-ish is tee and front toss. The rest live pitching. The bat is still fire and the only flaws are the paint cracks. Don’t understand how these are breaking 2-3 times in a month for some people. What are we doing right (or wrong 😂)

Dec 11, 2010
Exactly. Easton really put itself in a pickle. Many of the bats break because your Darling Daughter has a crappy swing. And they can't say that to a customer without losing the customer forever.

The Easton (or whomever owns them) marketing team really needs to work overtime on the next Ghost release. Or simply dump Ghost and move to another model. But they need to win back many customers who won't ever buy a Ghost again because their DD casts their hands and hits the ball off the handle.
They went from a fastpitch line that no one wanted to use to the most used bats in most tb dugouts.

I bet they like where they are at.

Oct 4, 2018
They went from a fastpitch line that no one wanted to use to the most used bats in most tb dugouts.

I bet they like where they are at.

True. Good point. Ghost really was an amazing boost to the top for them.

But a ton of room for improvement and additional revenue/profit with some good messaging and marketing.

I know a dozen familes happy to spend any amount of money on a bat and they won't be going back to Ghost at this point.

May 21, 2018

Yes, this is the only possible explanation. My .580 hitting 12 year old DD's swing mechanics are so bad, the bat immediately explodes in her hands. In fact half her team must have awful mechanics. I'll let them know.

Oct 4, 2018
Yes, this is the only possible explanation. My .580 hitting 12 year old DD's swing mechanics are so bad, the bat immediately explodes in her hands. In fact half her team must have awful mechanics. I'll let them know.

Cool. Best if they choose a different bat.

But seriously, I clearly said "Many". I clearly did not say "All".

Dec 11, 2010
If the player is happy with a different bat, I guess Easton will have a problem at that point. I think to some extent it will just be parents mad at the next company.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina

Sitting here looking at this huge pile of work on my desk that I want nothing to do with, reading this and thinking out loud.....

These are just some random inside my head thoughts (these could easily turn into RAD questions! ;)), So here we go!

How about just two (only 2) weight drops, -10 for up to 12U, and -5 for 14U and up! That way the -5 can be built with the durability of the older Easton Stealth's and Synergy's, just a thought? Of course the word durability won't fly with the bat manufacturers who are in the business of selling bats!

Heck, while we're at it move the pitching rubber back up to 40' so the pitchers can gain a slight advantage, with the -5 bats the hitters will actually have to learn how to hit! :rolleyes: Should we even delve into ball Cor and Compression? Pandora's Box!!

Okay, you can all call me crazy now, should I just stick to glove posts?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck