“The New Bats Are So Fragile”

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
If the player is happy with a different bat, I guess Easton will have a problem at that point. I think to some extent it will just be parents mad at the next company.

Yeah, and they won't notice (or pretend to not notice) when the girls are sword-fighting with their $500 bats.

May 31, 2018
Allen TX
My dd has about 10K hits on her Advanced. I know this because we use blast motion. About 90-95%-ish is tee and front toss. The rest live pitching. The bat is still fire and the only flaws are the paint cracks. Don’t understand how these are breaking 2-3 times in a month for some people. What are we doing right (or wrong 😂)

We received our GA from Core on Feb 7th 2020. During Covid we put 12-15k swings on it (measured in Blast + a few weeks of a Blast replacement wait). Almost all tee or front toss. Just cracked in mid-January. Easton shipped replacement within 7 days of receiving old bat. I'm happy (really happy) with 12k+ swings in a year for one bat.

Dec 11, 2010
Yes, this is the only possible explanation. My .580 hitting 12 year old DD's swing mechanics are so bad, the bat immediately explodes in her hands. In fact half her team must have awful mechanics. I'll let them know.

How do Easton college teams get through a week of practices then?

Mature women swinging these bats, years of strength training and nutrition, Hack Attack set on 70, real pitchers throwing live.... These players are putting how many hundred swings per week on these bats? 300? 400?

So are they getting a new bat every week or what? 😂

May 21, 2018
Cool. Best if they choose a different bat.

But seriously, I clearly said "Many". I clearly did not say "All".
Thanks, we did choose a different bat.

I realize you didn't say "all", but half this thread (and every time this comes up) is inferring if you have trouble with Ghosts, you're and idiot who takes batting practice outside in February with frozen bowling balls, or your daughter uses her bat for kick the can, or your daughter swings so bad the bat couldn't do anything but break.

Believe it or not we aren't all knuckle dragging idiots with batting challenged daughters. I realize these bats are used at the highest levels by the best players in the game, but that doesn't change the fact that I, and our team, has had very little luck with durability.

I've speculated before that it could be a climate issue. We don't practice outside in the cold, but the bats do get transported in and out of the cold. Purely speculation on my part based on anecdotal evidence.

Oct 4, 2018

I realize you didn't say "all", but half this thread (and every time this comes up) is inferring if you have trouble with Ghosts, you're and idiot who takes batting practice outside in February with frozen bowling balls, or your daughter uses her bat for kick the can, or your daughter swings so bad the bat couldn't do anything but break.

Believe it or not we aren't all knuckle dragging idiots with batting challenged daughters. I realize these bats are used at the highest levels by the best players in the game, but that doesn't change the fact that I, and our team, has had very little luck with durability.

I've speculated before that it could be a climate issue. We don't practice outside in the cold, but the bats do get transported in and out of the cold. Purely speculation on my part based on anecdotal evidence.

There's also a hypothesis out there that the drop 11s are more fragile than the drop 10s. This kind of makes sense to me, in that they had to make a bat with a fixed length a bit lighter so it's probably more fragile.

But I apologize if I implied anything. I know a lot of girls who have broken GAs and with many of them it's their swing. Every composite bat will break at some point, and many break at no fault of the user. Also, there are some bats that come off the line defective or out of spec and then are more prone to break.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Said this a million times and still will...bats break...plain and simple. Parents want the hottest bats made anymore...so you
give and take. As long as customer service replaces bats, it is what it is. And I don't know of many as good as replacing as
Easton. But most do a good job. Only one company I know that sometimes causes issues when it shouldn't.

But hot bats will break, you send in and get a new one. you want a tank, you can easily go buy one that will last
10 years...but most don't because they don't hit like these new bats do.

And yes, there are absolutely behind the story issues with bats breaking that some will not tell you when they complain about
breaks. You always hear about breaks, nothing else. Most bat breaks are legit...now does that mean people are hitting dimple balls or
hitting 1000 balls every day, hitting in colder temps...to me it doesn't really matter, you are just going to have to replace faster so
that's your choice, that's all.

Guess I grew up with bats breaking in sp longer than parents have with fp bats. It doesnt bother me. Its part of the game.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina

"frozen bowling balls" :LOL:, that leads to this question.....

Where exactly are your practice balls stored, and at what temperature?

Dec 11, 2010
DD swung -8’s

I don’t like to post that because it’s a weird size, hard to find bargains, it sounds kinda braggy, and honestly I can’t say that I would let her do that if I had it all to do over again.... And she still broke bats...

I’m not sure the drop matters for durability. Non scientific guess work there.

May 21, 2018
"frozen bowling balls" :LOL:, that leads to this question.....

Where exactly are your practice balls stored, and at what temperature?
We practice at indoor facilities that operate year round, so I assume they leave the balls in the cages for the most part. Can't say what the temperature would get down to during off hours, but would assume it's nothing ridiculously cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd