“The New Bats Are So Fragile”

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
I am constantly biting my tongue on this topic IRL. My two girls, who take lessons and have great discipline, are both country strong and crush the ball. Their Ghost Advanced are not broken and have hundreds of hits on them.

There's probably a higher-than-normal manufacturing failure rate with some of these hotter bats.
Typically, we only hear about the broken ones. I've seen more failing Ghosts than anything else, but the main problem seems to be the joint.

However, to the people who talk about their DD breaking multiple bats, I'll say that something about the user is probably contributing, and I'm not talking about just hitting a softball. Show me a failing end-cap, and I can probably show you a bunch of metal cleat marks.

I've not personally seen a new bat fail either with DD or her team. I'm talking about a period of several years. Some fully grown "country strong" girls there as well. Some of their bats are beat to hell, and many use them with machine-fired dimple balls, and I've never seen one break.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck