“The New Bats Are So Fragile”

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2015
We received our GA from Core on Feb 7th 2020. During Covid we put 12-15k swings on it (measured in Blast + a few weeks of a Blast replacement wait). Almost all tee or front toss. Just cracked in mid-January. Easton shipped replacement within 7 days of receiving old bat. I'm happy (really happy) with 12k+ swings in a year for one bat.
My back started tightening up as soon as I read "12-15k swings...".

Oct 4, 2018
DD swung -8’s

I don’t like to post that because it’s a weird size, hard to find bargains, it sounds kinda braggy, and honestly I can’t say that I would let her do that if I had it all to do over again.... And she still broke bats...

I’m not sure the drop matters for durability. Non scientific guess work there.

Yeah, I don't know. I've held up a drop 10 and a drop 11 side by side. The drop 11 has a smaller barrel as it tapers off sooner. I could see that meaning it's easier to hit it off the handle as there's more handle. But I don't really know.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Yeah, I don't know. I've held up a drop 10 and a drop 11 side by side. The drop 11 has a smaller barrel as it tapers off sooner. I could see that meaning it's easier to hit it off the handle as there's more handle. But I don't really know.

the drop11 Eastons are not thinner than drop10. Their drop11s as you just pointed have a slightly smaller barrel to make up the
size.

I know the Sprites were a bit thinner, which is why they exploded like they do...because stronger girls would be using them
instead of going to a drop10 because they heard the bat was thinner so daddy wanted them to swing that...and nobody cared
about them breaking because it was a given...haha.

May 21, 2018
Said this a million times and still will...bats break...plain and simple. Parents want the hottest bats made anymore...so you
give and take. As long as customer service replaces bats, it is what it is. And I don't know of many as good as replacing as
Easton. But most do a good job. Only one company I know that sometimes causes issues when it shouldn't.

But hot bats will break, you send in and get a new one. you want a tank, you can easily go buy one that will last
10 years...but most don't because they don't hit these new bats do.

And yes, there are absolutely behind the story issues with bats breaking that some will not tell you when they complain about
breaks. You always hear about breaks, nothing else. Most bat breaks are legit...now does that mean people are hitting dimple balls or
hitting 1000 balls every day...to me it doesn't really matter, you are just going to have to replace faster, that's all.
I get this. Obviously, Easton makes good bats, or they wouldn't be as popular as they are, but for whatever reason we just aren't having any luck with them. I'm not talking about months of use, I'm talking about breaking after the first or second batting practice. On the barrel, not the connection or end cap.

Easton has been great about replacing them, but when you are leaving for a week long tournament you need a bat in hand not in the mail.

Like I said, just from this website, the people who post about having good luck with them tend to be in warmer climates, but I would imagine plenty of college teams that play in cooler climates use them. I know Iowa and Illinois State do, so they either do a better job of keeping the bats warm or my theory is crap. I suspect the latter.

We could just be on the wrong side of the bell curve. Maybe even an outlier.

Anyway, we've moved on. Sucks because they are great feeling bats.

Jun 8, 2016
I get this. Obviously, Easton makes good bats, or they wouldn't be as popular as they are, but for whatever reason we just aren't having any luck with them. I'm not talking about months of use, I'm talking about breaking after the first or second batting practice. On the barrel, not the connection or end cap.

Easton has been great about replacing them, but when you are leaving for a week long tournament you need a bat in hand not in the mail.

Like I said, just from this website, the people who post about having good luck with them tend to be in warmer climates, but I would imagine plenty of college teams that play in cooler climates use them. I know Iowa and Illinois State do, so they either do a better job of keeping the bats warm or my theory is crap. I suspect the latter.

We could just be on the wrong side of the bell curve. Maybe even an outlier.

Anyway, we've moved on. Sucks because they are great feeling bats.
We used to use the balls the indoor facility had but this past winter I have been bringing our own balls which we keep in the house.

Nov 18, 2015
"frozen bowling balls" :LOL:, that leads to this question.....

Where exactly are your practice balls stored, and at what temperature?
Reminds me of that old internet meme about testing the impact strength of jet canopies from bird strikes. Engineers were supposedly horrified when the "test birds" they were shooting at the canopies were punching right through into the cockpit area. After some data gathering efforts, the manufacturer replied with "please thaw the birds first".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd