‘22 Watch List

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 9, 2021
Taking my girls to the Clearwater invitational in a week. Hoping to check out several on that list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 23, 2014
SoCal
DD pitched against Jordan Bahl this summer. Looking forward to seeing her in action - she‘s a fun pitcher to watch. She’s got some guns on her.

Aug 21, 2008
DD pitched against Jordan Bahl this summer. Looking forward to seeing her in action - she‘s a fun pitcher to watch. She’s got some guns on her.
She is a great kid. Deep into her faith, and very close to her family. I was disappointed in her college choice and the way it was done but, I'm rooting for her.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
She is a great kid. Deep into her faith, and very close to her family. I was disappointed in her college choice and the way it was done but, I'm rooting for her.
I have come out of hiding on this one. Bill, why the disappointment in Bahl's college choice?

Aug 21, 2008
I have come out of hiding on this one. Bill, why the disappointment in Bahl's college choice?
Well, in hindsight I shouldn't have said that and should probably delete it. It is entirely her choice, 100000% her business. I do know that she had other visits scheduled and visited OK first. She signed on the spot at OK. The other schools didn't even get to make their pitch (pardon the pun) to her. However...

As a pitcher and as a coach, I've enjoyed meeting, knowing and watching Jordy since I got to Omaha 3 years ago. She's an incredible talent, and I believe there's still more there. She can be even better than she is now. So, with that in mind, one of the other schools after her was Texas. Mike White is on Mt. Freaking Rushmore of all time greats in the sport, regardless of gender. He is not only the best pitcher I ever saw, he is the smartest pitcher and over all softball player I've ever met. I was fortunate enough to play with Whitey on the National team, and other tournaments. I also played against him even more. As a teammate, I was like his tail in the dugout, I followed him everywhere. I listened to everything he said and he would see things that others can't. Getting to learn from him, even as his peer on the National team, was incredible and I wished I'd have had more time with him as a kid and got to learn from him much earlier.

I don't know OK's coach Roacha. I've never met her. I hear she's a great coach. This isn't a put down of her, it's more of a compliment to White. I don't know if Roacha can make Bahl better or not. I KNOW White could. And knowing Jordy, she wants to continue to grow as a pitcher and get better. She wants to be the best she can. I know White can take her there, between his pitching knowledge and experience. Selfishly I'd have liked to see see White's wisdom given to Bahl and see what came about from that.

Sep 3, 2015
Danielle Williams, rooting for that kid!

My DD played for her parents and they are great coaches and great people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 24, 2014
I came here after watching

Outstanding performance of JORDY BAHL. OKU might dominate NCAA for four more years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles