Asking for help again!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 4, 2013
PujolsIR_zpsaxqyxyye.gif
AGonzalezOppo_zpsctcufrmp.gif

Stand up, grab a bat, and try to duplicate this barrel path/depth using two moves or turning forward.......I think you're going to be in for a long day...

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
PujolsIR_zpsaxqyxyye.gif
AGonzalezOppo_zpsctcufrmp.gif

Stand up, grab a bat, and try to duplicate this barrel path/depth using two moves or turning forward.......I think you're going to be in for a long day...

I hope we are on the same page. I don't like the 'term' Carve & filet. Like I stated it's 2 moves. I like one move.
I skimmed the Carve/filet thread. I do agree with a 'corner' and have suggested to the poster by the 'hated' PM that his DD needs a corner from which to 'launch' her swing. As it is now her 'whoosh' is beside her inside of from behind a corner.
Plus Carve & filet is an older term I've moved onto Direct, load & launch ect...

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2013
I hope we are on the same page. I don't like the 'term' Carve & filet. Like I stated it's 2 moves. I like one move.
I skimmed the Carve/filet thread. I do agree with a 'corner' and have suggested to the poster by the 'hated' PM that his DD needs a corner from which to 'launch' her swing. As it is now her 'whoosh' is beside her inside of from behind a corner.

Yes sir. One move, snap, from behind a corner........I fought the term rearward for years, it seems illogical to turn it rearward. Sync up that rearward barrel turn with your RHPP, and the barrel snaps to the ball with depth...

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Yes sir. One move, snap, from behind a corner........I fought the term rearward for years, it seems illogical to turn it rearward. Sync up that rearward barrel turn with your RHPP, and the barrel snaps to the ball....

I will occasional use 'turn the barrel forward towards the ball' because for a time if you used the word 'rearward' this gif would be posted:
wrgdtv.gif

With the phrase 'bop the catcher on the head'.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I think RDB is suggesting that 2 moves is not correct. As I understand it, we're looking for one move - turn the barrel to the ball.

Thanks Eric,
Quote Originally Posted by rdbass View Post
I said, I don't like Carve & filet it's 2 moves.
I like turtles too...............

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I think RDB is suggesting that 2 moves is not correct. As I understand it, we're looking for one move - turn the barrel to the ball.

I agree. But I am not sure carve/filet is really 2 moves. Unless my understanding of those terms is different than RDB's.

rdbass - my post was meant as a question as to why you think carve/filet is 2 moves. I then deleted it because i didn't want to derail this thread any further.

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I agree. But I am not sure carve/filet is really 2 moves. Unless my understanding of those terms is different than RDB's.

There is a distinct "carving" THEN "fileting" pattern" that I believe is the best way for me to describe the barrel path I prefer

Read more: Oops, there was an error! |
There's a problem with this thread it is a 'spin off' from another thread I believe also started by pstein. So, I'm getting bits and pieces. Also the thread is from 2012. BM may have meant/means what I agree with today:
When I see a good swing........I see the barrel initially "carving" a path down.......Then flattening/rising through contact........Hense to me......It's "carve-filet"........
I take from the thread that 1 move was 'carving' a path down. Then Flattening/filet rising through contact. The 2nd move. Maybe it's my 'hang up' with the word THEN. That's how it is in 2016 the word THEN means 'this then that'. 2 moves. And means 1 move. BM probably meant Turn the barrel rearward towards the ball but, alot going on through the thread with different parts of the swing. Again 2012 and 2016, that's why it's hard to go back to the older threads and ask me to 'reconcile'.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad