Help with DD going all forward

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Anybody have a Donaldson checked swing clip they can put up here? IMO, it would provide some valuable insight on this discussion

Does this work:
Donaldsonrelease2_zpsuuxfxbpn.gif

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
In an attempt to use her hands better Kenzie has adopted a style that she relates more to her overhand throwing process. I believe that she is not coiling well enough and during front toss she tends to hit a lot of balls off the end of the bat which I am thinking that her hands are following the shoulders around and pulling off the pitch. I do not have any video of front toss at this time but I will try to get some. The following is a tee swing from last night would love to hear your opinions
https://vimeo.com/181037512

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone gif this ?

May 3, 2014
A simple thing I do is ask the hitter to time their lift of the front foot so that at release (no matter if it is front flips / machine / full pitch) their foot is at its highest point. How they get their is up to them but I find that most end up developing a leg kick of some sort as they figure out it is easier to control the timing this way. I teach this as getting the weight over the rear hip and creating balance with the rear hip. Some would call this coil and I don't mind that term but it is easier to just think of it as creating balance with the rear hip so the weight does not shift from the rear leg to the front leg. The hands should go back as the front foot works down and forward as the pitch approaches.

wMWtkJ.gif

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
DJ last night while practicing. I did attempt to throw some change ups to her and she did get out front to hit them. When this happened I stopped and asked her what was she trying to do. She replied and said that she felt as if she could not load anymore. I interpreted this as that her thinking that heel drop is the trigger to launch. At that time I replied with you have to hold your load and let the hands be the trigger and not heel drop. I am not sure what the correct way to adjust is? I am confused about her front leg needs to extend more? Are you saying to try and ride the coil longer until heel plant? This being the adjustment for a change up? Basically slowing the load down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at the checked swing in post #178 that rdb so kindly posted as well as the full swings and then think some more about the questions you've asked!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00