Looking for sub opportunities

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 15, 2023
My dd is 10u B pitcher and plays corners. She wants to play more but I can’t find any teams that will respond to my messages when they post they need subs. What is the best way to go about getting her more play time? If she plays up in USSSA would she play as 11 or 12 B or would she be a C level?

Nov 9, 2021
My dd is 10u B pitcher and plays corners. She wants to play more but I can’t find any teams that will respond to my messages when they post they need subs. What is the best way to go about getting her more play time? If she plays up in USSSA would she play as 11 or 12 B or would she be a C level?

The more you do this the more you will improve at figuring out what a team is really looking for by what they say, when they want a guest pitcher. In many cases they are looking for an ace to help them win more games than they usually do.

Some teams just need additional help for a weekend and will be less picky. Have some video of your DD pitching that you can share. I have no idea about your daughter’s ability but it benefits both parties to be upfront with her abilities. If she is brand new to pitching that is not generally what a team is looking for when they want a guest player.

Find a regular team where she can get reps and keep chasing extra opportunities. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 15, 2023
Join the local to you FB page for pickup players.
That is where I’m responding to posts. I always put her hitting and pitching stats, state that she is currently on a competitive B level team, and that we dont mind traveling a few hours either.

Jun 29, 2023
That is where I’m responding to posts. I always put her hitting and pitching stats, state that she is currently on a competitive B level team, and that we dont mind traveling a few hours either.

I think it just takes some time. Softball is a small community. I didn't know anyone at 10u but by 14u I am friends with every coach in the area and my daughter could pitch for someone every weekend if she wanted to. She might just have to throw bullpens for awhile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mugs_dad