Help with DD going all forward

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

SB45

Dad, Coach, Chauffeur
Sep 2, 2016
Western NY
To the comments about pulling off, and hitting off the end of the bat. She looks like she uses her body very well, and I bet she rips inside pitches. I haven't looked at the whole thread, but I see when she plants her front foot and stiffens up the front side her head and shoulders are pushed up/away from the strike zone. If you look at the recent video...she is low, compact going into the swing...the great resistance on the front side seems to coincide with her head and shoulders being pushed away...then she finishes closer to the original position of her head and shoulders. More movement of the head than you see in the videos of MLB hitters. If her shoulders/head are moving momentarily away from the strike zone...it would be harder to hit outside pitches solidly I would think. I would try to keep the head "quieter" and maybe SNF type drills to work on staying down through outside pitches.

Jul 26, 2016
If the hands start down and forward they need to go back and up during the stride. I feel all back all forward is usually when you load the hands before the hips.

Feb 16, 2015
South East
If the hands start down and forward they need to go back and up during the stride. I feel all back all forward is usually when you load the hands before the hips.

Dominik are you referring to the video in post#150 or post #153?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.

maybe start with lowering the hands first
So, was your suggestion specific for this hitter or just a general over all suggestion. I have to ask did you read the last couple of days post and have chance to look at the recent video? If so, are you or you still suggesting that this hitter needs to 'start with lowering the hands first'/
I have to say I disagree and believe what this hitter is doing with her hands....mainly finally using them...is correct.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
In an attempt to use her hands better Kenzie has adopted a style that she relates more to her overhand throwing process. I believe that she is not coiling well enough and during front toss she tends to hit a lot of balls off the end of the bat which I am thinking that her hands are following the shoulders around and pulling off the pitch. I do not have any video of front toss at this time but I will try to get some. The following is a tee swing from last night would love to hear your opinions
https://vimeo.com/181037512

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have any video of her using this same swing against live pitching?

SL

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00