Help with DD going all forward

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 16, 2015
South East
DRDRODD, I think what is wanting is for you to put your video on YouTube so he can better access it to make a gif from it.

I was trying to upload to YouTube but I live in a rural area where internet is not offered. I gave it an attempt over my phone but for some reason it will not let me title the video. Therefore it will not upload. So I gave it a shot with a gif app on my phone which also was a failed attempt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
I was trying to upload to YouTube but I live in a rural area where internet is not offered. I gave it an attempt over my phone but for some reason it will not let me title the video. Therefore it will not upload. So I gave it a shot with a gif app on my phone which also was a failed attempt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotcha. Not an expert but I think her swing is def improved! Keep working it, I would also like to see some live hitting. Good luck to your DD this upcoming season.

Jul 26, 2016
So, was your suggestion specific for this hitter or just a general over all suggestion. I have to ask did you read the last couple of days post and have chance to look at the recent video? If so, are you or you still suggesting that this hitter needs to 'start with lowering the hands first'/
I have to say I disagree and believe what this hitter is doing with her hands....mainly finally using them...is correct.

To be honest I just read the thread and first page. Video looks good now in that regard, no early hand load.

Dec 28, 2014
Do me a favor and set up a tee for your students like this

uHiXVG.gif

And while I may use "elbow" I really mean the rear arm. Either way - let me know how they make out hitting line drives the oppo way. Then coach them about the rear arm / elbow direction coupled with getting the front arm off the chest to start the swing.

BTW - I never said vertical arm anywhere.

Do you have the same arm/hand action action on an inside pitch or down the middle and just let the body bring the bat around? Are you always swinging out from like she is?

May 3, 2014
Always trying to swing out from body. Inside the lower body should clear out more (more aggressive rotation) and rear arm will take more direct route

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00