12yo Swing Insight

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 15, 2014
'We' just tried to help you out. I didn't know you did not want input on maybe helping this DD.

Not my student, or do I even know her. I just like her aggressive mentality of delivering the barrel. Trying to get it down range. I did not put it up to have it dissected by the masses .

I tell my hitters, your are not in the box to hit singles.. Doubles and triples are what you are looking for

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
And I do no like Jen Yee's hand/bat path at all..hands come up and out along with the barrel ( in that video )

YeeKickDrill.gif

OK, all I can say is good luck to you and your hitters.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Not my student, or do I even know her. I just like her aggressive mentality of delivering the barrel. Trying to get it down range. I did not put it up to have it dissected by the masses .

I tell my hitters, your are not in the box to hit singles.. Doubles and triples are what you are looking for

Out of curiosity, how is it you don’t know this girl, yet you know her “exit velocity” to be 61mph, that she is 11yo, etc.?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
These are a few of the hitters I use as models/templates...
Miguel Cabrera (poetry!)
Cabrera_hands_side.gif

Buster Posey
Posey_front_highinside.gif

Giancarlo Stanton
Stanton_rearhigh_slo.gif

A few things that AREN'T happening in these swings...
- Body and head moving forward into contact.
- Barrel above hands in the hitting zone.
- "Level" (with the ground) barrel path.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina

I like the aggressive mentality. If that was your point, in comparing that to the OP, then it's legit one.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR

Ok, just kidding around, nobody get mad. Don't report me....again.

I hear you RHC.

This swing, of a hitter that NTF doesn’t know, yet knows such details as the hitter’s age and exit velocity, was given as an example of energy delivery …. And yet the transfer of energy to the barrel is inefficient. At some point you have to question if this is a hoax.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kograd