12yo Swing Insight

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013

The hands should never be impeded from completing their intended path.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR

The hands should never be impeded from completing their intended path.

Agree!

And NTF ... nobody blames you for this swing below. You don't even know the young lady. That said, I don't think you'd want to wish her energy transfer inefficiencies on others.

2zspjea.gif

Aug 15, 2014
Agree!

And NTF ... nobody blames you for this swing below. You don't even know the young lady. That said, I don't think you'd want to wish her energy transfer inefficiencies on others.

2zspjea.gif

I already pointed out what I thought she needed to workon

Energy transfer is not one, her hand position and extension

Please quit beating this horse.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
At this point, none, but they're closer than they were before. In reality, none of them may ever get all of the way there (remember that the MLB'ers we're talking about are athletic freaks of nature), but I believe in using the best possible model as a target to shoot for. Even if we come up a bit short, we're still on a path of success.

Good post Eric. Every player on our team also has school and other activities to contend with, while MLBers do this for a living. MLBers can spend a nearly unlimited amount of time working on their skills. But we don't stop trying to improve whenever we can fit it in.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
My guess is that he's thinking of the RVP Connection Point position.

Unlike windmill pitching, I don't believe hitting should be about obtaining "brush assisted whip" with the rear elbow. Note the clearance of the rear elbow below.

I think you may be on to something FFS. Although I don't think "stall" is accurate in this case, I can see how one can get that impression. I know from personal experience that one needs to be careful with terminology here and on other sites. Several months ago I was involved in an interesting conversation about the term "launch".

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Energy transfer is not one
You're wrong. She is slicing across the ball, not through it. Watch this video and listen to Myers talk about the type of ball flight he looks to achieve.

[video]http://m.mlb.com/video/v28107685/harold-interviews-wil-myers-in-this-diamond-demo[/video]

btw, not beating you up. This is a great learning moment.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I already pointed out what I thought she needed to workon

Energy transfer is not one, her hand position and extension

Please quit beating this horse.

If you work to improve having extension taking place as a result, then you will have worked on improving the transfer of energy to the barrel.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
You're wrong. She is slicing across the ball, not through it. Watch this video and listen to Myers talk about the type of ball flight he looks to achieve.

[video]http://m.mlb.com/video/v28107685/harold-interviews-wil-myers-in-this-diamond-demo[/video]

btw, not beating you up. This is a great learning moment.

Nice video .... loved the quotes.

Worked on staying through the ball more.

Resulted in more back spin and more carry.

Worked on driving through balls.

Worked on home-runs, but did not work on getting under the ball. Instead he liked to stay “down through the ball”.

When working off the tee and working on a home-run he didn't want to come off the ball too early. Wanted to work on getting through the ball and getting through it as long as possible.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd