12yo Swing Insight

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
This is a 'gif':
2zspjea.gif

-Graphics Interchange Format
DFP- Discussfastpitch.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Yes, I know that she does not have the ideal extension at contact. I see her faults, but delivering energy to contact is not one of them..

Also the vid is the last 30% of the swing. She does a nice job getting loaded and delivering energy. Is it a perfect swing in my mind, no. That why I said she is on the right path...hers would be easier to correct her issues than most .
Not sure of these terms u all use "gif" "dfp"

I personally consider her swing to be a good example of poor energy transfer.

I worked with three hitters like this already this week. In all three cases we worked towards improving the efficiency of energy transfer. It is a real issue. You don't just say that the kid hits 'good enough' and ignore their swing issues. If they are there to see you as a hitting instructor then you work to improve them.

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
Yes, I know that she does not have the ideal extension at contact. I see her faults, but delivering energy to contact is not one of them..

Also the vid is the last 30% of the swing. She does a nice job getting loaded and delivering energy. Is it a perfect swing in my mind, no. That why I said she is on the right path...hers would be easier to correct her issues than most .
Not sure of these terms u all use "gif" "dfp"

Got it, you claimed this girls barrel stayed in the zone longer than Jen Yee's. Perhaps your emotions got the best of you? OR, perhaps your definition of "in the zone" is a bit different than what is accepted here at DFP(discuss fast pitch.com). Either way, that (last 30%) is enough to see to comment on the energy transfer.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2014
I personally consider her swing to be a good example of poor energy transfer.

I worked with three hitters like this already this week. In all three cases we worked towards improving the efficiency of energy transfer. It is a real issue. You don't just say that the kid hits 'good enough' and ignore their swing issues. If they are there to see you as a hitting instructor then you work to improve

I would make some changes to her in a few areas. Staring with width in her stance, leg flection, extension at contact, wearing shoes.. I love her barrel path above her hands.nice flat path.
just don't see her inability to deliver energy to contact as you.

Aug 15, 2014
Maybe you all can post some of your perfect swings. I would love to see what everyone thinks the swing should look like .

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
DSC 0522 - YouTube

Not my student, but she is on the right path
Nice load and all forward movement till contact,slight pause at contact and finish
Young lady is delivering energy, not a sit and spinner

Maybe you all can post some of your perfect swings. I would love to see what everyone thinks the swing should look like .
'We' just tried to help you out. I didn't know you did not want input on maybe helping this DD.
Since you asked,as close to this hitter as possible...
Cabrera_062613_combo.gif

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd