You might be in for a tough tournament if . . .

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2013
I've seen a couple coaches banished to the dugout for wearing jeans. A couple years ago our HS coach was busted for jeans, then the female assistant was banished because her leggings didn't have pockets. That one is a little ridiculous.

Ummm…..how close were they getting to check for pockets?? Like, seriously?

Jan 25, 2022
A former coach of DD's used to do basketball shorts over compression leggings. I guess he was worried his legs would cramp from sitting on a bucket all day. He would change into turf shoes pregame as well.
I wear new balance turf shoes when on the field when I can. Mostly just because they're indestructible and clean easily. But I run around on the field a lot, too. Way more than a 44 year old should. I can't be slipping and falling at this age.

Jan 25, 2022
Ummm…..how close were they getting to check for pockets?? Like, seriously?

I wasn't there for that one. That coach always wore leggings and a school pullover, just like every female coach I've seen the past few years. She literally pointed out the opposing coach wearing sweat pants and they told her he was good because he had pockets.

I've seen a coach who wears khaki cargo pants with construction boots and he was just fine. I think the only attire rule for footwear is that the shoes need to be closed toe.

Feb 24, 2022
You might be in for a long tournament if...

My brother's 10u town travel team was entering their first sanctioned tournament and he called me for advice. My first question , "Do you know about continuation?" "What the hell is that?" The call lasted an hour, haha.

Last edited:
May 29, 2015
You might be in for a long tournament if...

My brother's 10u town travel team was entering their first sanctioned tournament and he called me for advice. My first question , "Do you know about continuation?" "What the hell is that?" The call lasted an hour, haha.

So ... continuation is just a way to keep the call going for an hour. Make sure that goes under "billable minutes."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00